Windows 10
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will Windows 10 upgrade be available for the Samsung ATIV SE?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows 10
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I pulled an article and got this from it:

"Every device running Windows Phone 8.1 right now will be updated to Windows 10 in time. According to Microsoft at its MWC 2015 press conference, it will be updating all the devices it can to the new platform and hopes to have it done by the end of the year."

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for replying.  My computer has a small Windows Icon which clicked to signup for the free upgrade.  I was wondering if VerizonWireless will be making this upgrade for us because I don't believe the Samsung ATIV SE has an option for us to signup.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't think you'll see the phone upgrade all too soon. Windows 10 for computers isn't out until the end of this month and I think from there they will start working on it being released on your device. You should have a place under settings; system update typically where you will download and install any new update. You don't have to sign up for it.

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hopefully it won't take forever like Window 8.1 did. 

0 Likes
jrshamory

I would not count on the phone being updated to Windows 10.  Microsoft just released a notification about upcoming windows mobile builds and they added a few phones but the ATIV SE isn't going to be one of them.  Samsung has pretty much written the phone off after Microsoft bought Nokia Lumia and then had to sue Samsung for not paying royalties.  Not to mention that IF you have experienced your phone freezing up or randomly rebooting that is a result of the firmware NOT being updated enough for Windows 8.1 to run like it is supposed to.

0 Likes