Re: Windows 10 upgrade
justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, but of he just goes to the production build he will get 10586.164 which is the grade build we all want. Then

un enroll from the insider program so as not to get confused.

Or just switch to Android and be done with it!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

This is the Redstone branch that supposed to be release generally in July.  Right now only the 735 is supported from a VZW perspective.

0 Likes
sean161
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just trying to help since he said he accidentally got the latest development build. So, the only way to go back to 10586.164 is to use the Microsoft Device Recovery Software to go back to 8.1 and start over.

0 Likes
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Already downloading as 1/2 the apps are lost and cant get to the store to fix it in the 2nd to latest insider version so off to next.

For all others if you follow directions (like I did not) you should get windows 10 10586.164 like Phil.  Read his directions carefully.

0 Likes
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for all your help I will switch to slow and take my chances If I like this build.  Have already downloaded the recovery tool if I need it.  Thank you for your help

0 Likes
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

On newest Insider version.  All apps reloaded on their own when you go to them they self update if need be.  Love this new format and have changed to insider slow so things don't get out of control.  Strangely everything came back but the Microsoft News App and Weather on the start screen but were fine in apps.  I just put them back.  I have set updates to notify me to schedule restart and I can do research before I upgrade.  I am at 150% and loving it.  Have all my windows 10 stuff that is on my other devices, this is great.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

That is NOT the Microsoft way it is Verizon as normal blocking the upgrade.  They claim they are testing but I really think they are just hoping to make money selling you a new phone instead of allowing a free upgrade to happen that would extend the life of your current phone.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Rod Trent is one of the most knowledgeable people I know on Windows Mobile stuff.  He has other areas of expertise as well.  Microsoft has released it to Insiders.  It works.  Verizon is blocking...nothing new other than if you are on the Insiders program you get Windows 10 and if you aren't you don't!

0 Likes
groadyho
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bailed on Verizon- I had 950xl sitting in a box (xmas present from wife) on att now, it's active and works awesome. Also, got bogo lg g5's as well, the wife wanted one, $250 for each one after all incentives, great deal. my old 1520 works again. Anyway Verizon says they make things easy but they don't. Can't switch sims and use any phone, the kicker ad final nail was when I was at the Verizon store and tried to buy the bogo s7's and the rep said I had to add a new line to get the deal, what [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] the deal is for only new customers and new lines. over the years  I purchased many phones at att and outside OEM's and just put my sim in it, phones worked and att gave me the same phone deals offered to new customers, no hassel buy and put sim in.  I was also told by the same rep Lumia phones don't work well on Verizon network, but it was enough for me to cross the street and switch back to att. I had att for 7-8yrs. before the switch to Verizon. Verizon one made 1 thing easy, the decision to bail!

0 Likes
reaganwins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, new guy here wondering many of the same things above and see everyone trying technical workarounds and willing to wait, albeit with great frustration and an unknown timeframe from Verizon (if ever has been referenced more than once here...).

As I see it, Verizon carried and sold the phone in their stores.  The marketing, advertising, and sales pitch included a windows 10 upgrade for free (I purchased in September because of this too with the explicit knowledge it would be available in December...).  While VZW can't control delays in the shipping and release schedule, they are bound by their advertising and marketing to conduct the 'testing' (which seems bogus to me) or they are committing fraud (false advertising and marketing) and we have all been injured/caused loss due to Verizon's inability to commit a timeframe in which they will deliver against their marketed / advertised/ sales activities...

Thus...why aren't we looking for a class action lawsuit against vzw to force them to compensate for their false advertising, unlock anyone in a two year commitment that may have been required from their lumia 735 purchase, and compensation for the purchase of a new phone that meets the product and service commitments they advertised?

I know a few lawyers...who wants to see what Verizon's actions will be?

I don't think the arbitration clause would be binding because it is against Verizon's advertising and sales practices.

Just a thought...

0 Likes