Re: Windows 10 upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in the Windows 10 software update for your device. We take great pride and care in making sure our customers have the latest operating system, and that those updates are thoroughly tested to ensure the best customer experience. We are currently working with Microsoft on the update schedule for select Lumia devices.
To find out if your Lumia device is or will be eligible to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile please download the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor from the Windows Store on your device. Once the Software is officially approved, you can also check the Advanced Devices – Software Updates page to see if the update is available for your device.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StarBrand
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my 735 specifically to get upgraded to Windows 10 - It is more than a bit disconcerting to see that Verizon has not pushed it out to us ASAP.

justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Join the windows insider program. Takes less than an hour to download/install.  Works flawlessly on the 735.

Verizon is continuing their MS dispute in supposedly "testing" the software.

0 Likes
Leatherneck0629
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be interesting to know what really is causing the Microsoft/Verizon feud....  So far its been Verizon saying that Microsoft didn't register for testing of Windows 10 mobile through Verizon.  I'm sure that's not the whole story.

0 Likes
sean161
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where did you hear about that? That's not even close to anything I've heard. It's very unlikely you'll get an official story anyway.

And, I almost don't care. All I want to hear is, yes we plan on delivering the product that was advertised. I know I can use insider builds, but I shouldn't have to. It kind of makes me want to see if Verizon will exchange this product with an Android device as it's only a few months old before waiting till it's too late.

0 Likes
topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

When is the last time an Android phone got an update at that price level?  Probably never.

0 Likes
sean161
Enthusiast - Level 3

They have an Android Marshmallow device that's similar spec for the same price. But, at that point, I care less about the OS and getting better app support instead. Having both a two year old OS with a band-aid and an increasing number of 8.1 apps that don't get updated anymore is next to useless.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has a reputation for not being supportive of Windows Phones. Reasons offered vary, but the very small number of WP units sold seems to be the one quoted the most.

Myself and others have noted that Verizon Wireless sales people tend to discourage people from buying Windows Phones.

Microsoft isn't blameless either. The current mindset is to limit the reach of new Lumia models by not making them compatible with Verizon Wireless and Sprint. The 550, 650, 950 and 950XL are GSM units. They do not operate as CDMA units and do not access VZW's LTE bands. My gut feeling is that the rumored 750 and 850 will continue the trend.

Verizon Wireless users won't likely have access to a new Windows Phone until the anticipated Surface Phone arrives. Even then, it will likely be sold to business users first before the general public.

0 Likes
topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Lumia 950s do have the CDMA bands, they are just not enabled.  This is likely because Verizon wouldn't certify them for their network, thus Microsoft had to disable those bands.  If Verizon supported the phones, they would work with a simple firmware update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not if Microsoft never pay for the FCC certification for those frequencies. As they didn't when the phone was first released, it is likely never to happen. There is much more involved then a "simple" software update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes