Re: Windows 10 upgrade
justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well if it is an "if and when" upgrade for Verizon, would it not be better to just use the insider program to download the latest fast build and then switch to preview build for the final release?

I'll give it till tomorrow and if Verizon does not have the update, I will go insider. Seems a really poor upgrade strategy on both MS and Verizon's part.

The new google phone service is starting to look real good.

sean161
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is, for the phones Microsoft didn't list official eligibility for, they might stop targeting those phones for future insider builds.

I'm on the Lumia 735 myself, a phone that was advertised everywhere as eligible far in advance, and the upgrade advisor says the upgrade isn't available for mine either. Not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping that it's still in the process of rolling out given a large reason for choosing this phone was the promise of this upgrade. I'm patient, but confirmation that it's coming would be nice, I'm just nervous about Verizon and Microsoft's sketchy relationship right now.

justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

NOT waiting for this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] between MS and VZW.  Using insider preview and just finishing up installing w10

release .164 final.

Absolutely ridiculous on VZW's part.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Microsoft is the one deciding which phones are getting the update. Verizon or the other carriers have nothing to do with the decision.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  -  Lumina 735 Verizon unlocked scheduled for update.!!!!

Just finished it via insider and works fine.

Its a VZW issue.

sean161
Enthusiast - Level 3

The disclaimer on the page detailing the upgrade suggests pretty much anything can be a factor, carriers included.

"1 The availability of Windows 10 Mobile as an upgrade for existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices will vary by device manufacturer, device model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations, and other factors."

At present time, they do list the Lumia 735 as an eligible device, but I want to emphasis that I'm not pointing fingers, just curious among the others here if it's on the roadmap, or if a roadmap even exists.

0 Likes
dwgreenier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's Verizon. T Mobile was sending it out to there customers according to Softpedia

Sent from my Windows Phone

topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, Microsoft made the decision not to update the 928 and Icon.  However, this was done because Verizon needs to update the firmware for these phones, and approve the W10M update.  Microsoft cannot just push the updates out, and without the firmware updates, issues will continue to linger.  After phones are officially updated to W10M, hopefully carriers will no longer be roadblocks for getting updates.  Hopefully the 735 will get any firmware updates that it needs for the W10M update and Verizon allows the update.  The 735 is not limited to Verizon, so it is possible that Verizon will not do what they need to do to allow the update.

0 Likes
justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awe come on!  Verizon has had months to update any firmware. W10 mobile has been coming out forever!

The Lumina is an MS phone so the firmware should be within the WP upgrade.  I just installed on

my Verizon Branded Lumina 735 and works flawlessly.  (but actually don't see what the big deal is vs 8.1 so far ). It is though actually faster than before. IMHO this is a continuing snub between VZW and MS. Actually, because of this when IPhone 7 comes this fall, I'm switching. MS is really slipping. WP market share, total lack of apps and W10 for PC delayed updates makes me wonder what is the MS goal.
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just chatted with a Verizon rep asking when we can expect to see the update pushed out to our devices, this was his reply.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes