Re: Will Verizon be carrying Windows 950 , 950XL ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ones previous released with the compatible radio frequencies are allowed. It is the new announced today that don't have the radio frequencies to be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NolMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

It sounds like initially it will be an att exclusive and possibly the 950 will be. The 950 XL is already on Microsofts website so we know we can always buy it unlocked. Which is better anyways. I was told the WDCMA 2 band (1900) will work on Verizon. Is that enough and correct I'll leave that for the smarter people then I.

Nolan

0 Likes
NolMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's a common rule. People want what they can't have. Microsoft might trying to make it exclusive to grow the popularity.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Not it will not work. You need band 13, band 4, and Band 2. Then currently you also need CDMA as well as EVDO unless you live in an area that has VoLTE.  So that XL will not work.

0 Likes
NolMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's kind of what I figured. Thanks tidbits.

0 Likes
IAmVortigaunt
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JenniferH_VZW

I appreciate your response, but I'm afraid I don't think there's much you can do.  I have a feeling these things have been decided at many levels above you.  Bottom line is that I want a Windows Phone flagship and I'm going to a carrier that will have one.

Val_mar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is what I think will happen - Verizon won't carry the new Lumia phones. Here is what I'm thinking of doing - take my three lines and go to att. I had an iPad, replaced it with Surface Pro 3. Now i'll be dumping my iPhone 6 and will go with the 950XL. Call me a Windows junkie but I love the idea of having my computers, tablet, and phone being part of the same ecosystem.

killian29

When will the 950xl launch? I switched from sprint to get the Lumia 928 back in the day. Will I have to switch to att to get the 950xl?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T or T-Mobile if you buy the unlocked one.

0 Likes
jnewton3D
Enthusiast - Level 2

I certainly hope that MS and Verizon strike a deal to provide the Lumia 950/950XL on Verizon or that it will work unlocked on the Verizon network.  I compared the networks and bands specified for the Lumia 735 on Verizon and the 950/950XL both have everything the 735 is reported to have (ala the MS store and Phone Arena).  But the lack of CDMA per se seems to indicate that they will not work on Verizon's 3G network even if it will on the 4G LTE.

As for updates, I think you can get updates via the Windows Insider program to get around the carrier's slow distribution.