Why is visual voice mail disabled for windows phones?
dakranii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has Verizon ever responded to why VVM for Windows Phone is a separate app and a $2.99 charge, while for iOS and Android it is neither?

On the left below is my 928.  There's a blank space next to "Dial pad" where VVM should go.  On the right is how it should look and how it looks on every other carrier.

Windows 10 Mobile

wp_ss_20151103_0001.pngvisualvoicemail.PNG

Windows Phone 8 - running on AT&T, this is not available in the Phone app on Verizon

visualvoicemail8.PNG

It's there, in the OS, made convenient and available for users.  Yet Verizon disables it.  Is there a technical reason for this?  Something that we don't know about?  Can anyone respond as to why this is the case?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voicemail for Windows Phone - Why is it disabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dakranii,

I'm saddened to hear you were never responded t. So sorry to keep you waiting.

Features can and will vary by operating systems and software versions. Additionally, software on the same device for a different provider can differ providing different looks and features on what appears to be the same device.

We are curretnly offering the  visual voicemail trial allowing you to test this feature out for 30 days before you have to pay.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dakranii,

I'm saddened to hear you were never responded t. So sorry to keep you waiting.

Features can and will vary by operating systems and software versions. Additionally, software on the same device for a different provider can differ providing different looks and features on what appears to be the same device.

We are curretnly offering the  visual voicemail trial allowing you to test this feature out for 30 days before you have to pay.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Q2Talk
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I switched from iPhone to WP, I discovered that "Visual voicemail" was missing. I was told by Verizon that the feature is a built-in in Apple product, and I need to pay for this feature for Windows phone.

Now the feature is available in Windows phone, Verizon is singing a different tune?!

Please make Visual Voicemail available!

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visual voicemail is also optional on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I don't use my phone to the extent that vvm is worth the additional cost.

dhamwey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Although many people use Verizon for what we have believed to be the best coverage area, they have not always been the best in everything.  They are notorious for put a wedge into the phone OS to be able to make an additional buck on some inherent phone features.  They tried this with the turn by turn navigation, the hot-spot function and now apparently as you indicated the visual voicemail.  They still have limits on email, test messages and internet data.  Although in most cases there are hacks that can be applied to remove these limits, it is not an easy and straight forward task.  This has always been a reason people have looked at other service providers, but Verizon apparently is not concerned about loosing a few customers.  Also the other providers are getting much better on coverage.  Although Verizon has not announced any Windows Phone 10 devices, it is possible to eventually upgrade many of the existing Windows 8.1 phones to Windows 10.  Once Windows 10 is installed, the upgrades are no longer run by the service providers, so that will get them out of the loop totally.  The big question is, will Verizon ever push out the Windows 10 upgrade.  My guess is they won't.  Therefore the only existing option is through Windows Insider.  Depending on the model phone you have, you need to be cautious when to apply the upgrade.  The only current approved phones that I am aware of are many of the Lumia phones, but not all.

dsdmarin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon offers visual VM with a Verizon App but it really sucks because it will only update if you are not on WIFI and you have a very strong Cellular data signal. If it worked on wifi then it might be an ok APP, but since it does not work on WIFI it sucks.

I have been on Verizon with Windows phone for quite sometime as my company uses Verizon. Verizons support for their Windows phone is horrible, so the only reason I use Verizon is because its my company's phone. If you are not using an Android or I phone on Verizon then good luck getting any help. 

My family is on At&t and at least At&t helps out with support of their Windows phones and they offer the Visual VM that comes with the Windows Phone app for free as it should be.

How come Verizon will not fix Visual Voicemail for Windows Phone?