Re: Why is my flagship WINDOWS PHONE being ignored by Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

Quite possibly with that thinking... They have nothing to do with the delay with the way you are thinking.

Just saying. Speculation can go both ways. I still think it's Nokia using as little resources as it can. AT&T bought the most product this time around so they had more resources allocated to their devices. That's what most companies do

Not applicable

doublev4 wrote:

In this global economy every company struggles to sustain growth. I haven't seen any company willing to give even a one percent market share to their competitors. Because in the financial world when this happens your seen as playing catch up. I figure this is the reason even the almighty Apple is willing to set aside its own brands in order to run Microsoft products on it's devices. so I'm betting the people running Verizon will come to their senses and push the updates out

The problem here is not growth as much as profitability.

Windows phones are not profitable. In any business you visit like Best Buy and Walmarts they place the items that sell the best front and center. Many Best Buy stores and Staples stores do the same thing.

A manufacturer can market their goods via any means to get that product to sell. But it does not mean the buying public is going to jump on that product.

There have been many great products that have died right out of the gate. Its a gamble.

Verizon and other wireless carriers operate on customer base. As of the news this morning Verizon is still adding a load of customers. The devices they carry in my opinion are geared only towards future profitability numbers.

Say you buy an LG device brand new, its android (#1 selling OS) but that OS is used by other manufacturers to market Samsung or HTC or any other android based devices. They are selling on many fronts. But that is actually a one time sale and the sale has to last the carriers at least 2 years. If the devices operate as expected Verizon has a happy customer base.

Now lets move to the Windows devices, like Blackberry they are in the bottom of their profit margins. Very low sales numbers, and the customer base just does not want the devices. In back thinking if the windows phones are anything like how they run their PC/Tablet business of constant updates after updates why bother.

Even Apple has a huge following so between those two platforms Windows phones don't matter to a hill of beans. The greater numbers of the other platforms is what the carriers try to placate.

I sell 2 billion android or iOS devices and I sell 100 million Windows Phones where do you think my profits are going to come from?

Apple is getting paid big money from Microsoft to run their apps and programs. And look it up. Many of these programs are scaled back versions. It was done because Microsoft saw revenue losses due to the wide popularity of the iOS devices.

They are joining Apple and not Apple joining Microsoft.

Its all about the money. That is what big business is around for, to make money. They don't care about phone updates as long as the customers are joining up for their services.

doublev4
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's right its all about making money. And how do you make money,get & keep customers. because a customer lost, is profit lost

0 Likes
Not applicable

doublev4 wrote:

That's right its all about making money. And how do you make money,get & keep customers. because a customer lost, is  profit lost

depends on what it costs to keep that customer.

Not applicable

doublev4 wrote:

That's right its all about making money. And how do you make money,get & keep customers. because a customer lost, is  profit lost

There is no profit in Windows phones right now. Its Androids and iOS for every windows owner that jumps to another carrier two or more sign up for service.

However think of this in another light. You jump to AT&T or Sprint or T-Mobile. You paid money for the device you have now with Verizon. Microsoft/Nokia and Verizon made money on that sale. Throw in all the months you paid for connectivity to the network, more money in the corporate pockets. Now you leave, you have to pay the new carrier or retail store for another device, another activation charge and more monthly payments. You are now paying out more money to the corporations which include Microsoft.

Then get angry again and go to another provider and it starts all up again.

Its a never ending cycle of money being shelled out and we the consumers are still losing.

A real pity this is corporate America!