Why is my flagship WINDOWS PHONE being ignored by Verizon?
updatemyphoneplease
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought the NOKIA LUMIA ICON after being told I would receive the WP 8.1 OS update. It has been too many months to count since this has been released to every other phone on any other carrier BUT Verizon!!!

I want my WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 and Cyan UPDATE for the ICON!!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Why is my flagship WINDOWS PHONE being ignored by Verizon?
Not applicable

Every other carrier no! Just AT&T.

Always good to know facts before making such statements.

Good Luck

g2ricotta
Enthusiast - Level 2

No matter if ATT is the only US proider to release the update ...  We are approaching 3 months since it was released and still no update from Verizon (the largest wireless provider with nearly endless resources). They can't even muster a statement indicating when the update might be released. It is pathetic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the same ...

0 Likes
Not applicable

No statement needed from Verizon Wireless. They don't even have to update your device outside of when you purchased it.

This issue has been beat to death on other forum threads.

Bottom line, if Verizon wants to release it they will. If they don't "No customer has any rights to complain/receive about it" It would be a business decision on the cellular carriers part.

Sorry but true.

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

As stated in another thread, Verizon's silence on Cyan seems to be fueling animosity.  A good business practice is to respond with urgency and stay in communication with their customers.  Ignoring them or responding with incorrect information or pacification will create dissatisfaction.  It's always best to protect the company name with great communication.

fkmalone
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is that marketing is the one testing this update.  I heard this directly from Bridget in the Verizon Execute Office.  As long as they let marketing do the testing they are not going to release updates in a timely manner.  Marketing job is to get you to buy new devices.  Bridget even indicated that she knows that Verizon is usually behind every other carrier in releasing updates.  Oh well.  -1000 for Verizon.

0 Likes
fkmalone
Enthusiast - Level 3

If only there were enough of us to overwhelm marketing's mailboxes.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

We can

Ken Dixon, Leadership | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep another place to send complaints that will do absolutely no good.

They simply change the email address to go to a null server. I use to do that with our government email that was sent to employees who changed their addresses, left the agency, had too much spam sent to them.

email bombardment etc etc. etc.

And the obvious thing is they don't read any of their own email.

Unless you know the person at the company personally the email sent to that address either disappears in to the black hole of emaildom, or is monitored by a secretary or office clerk. In either case totally useless.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Well here some education for you on what happens when you contact an executive.  First it's not a direct email to the executive but a form you fill out.  Then his executive representative gets it and decides what to do with it. If they proceed with the request you get what happened to fkmalone and get call back from someone from the Executive Office to discuss.

0 Likes