Why doesn't my device alert me when I miss a call?
smitty8898

Concerning the Lumia Icon:

Currently, if i am not near the phone, and I get an email/text, there is no alert that chimes or lights up to tell me I have missed a message.

Is there an app or other way to create such an alert.

Its a common feature on iphone and android devices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: missed call/message indicator_reminder
primortal
Master - Level 1

Emails and Texts will always have an audio and vibration (if turned on) cue when something comes in.  Text messages and toasts will turn on the phone to show you the message for a brief period same as the iPhone and any Andriod device.

In regards to a notification light, no such thing in Windows Phone Nokia devices.

All you have to do is turn on the phone and on the lock screen you should see your missed calls, emails and texts.  Toast messages will not be displayed on the lock screen.  We'll have to wait for Windows Phone 8.1 next month to get a notification center type interface.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: missed call/message indicator_reminder
primortal
Master - Level 1

Emails and Texts will always have an audio and vibration (if turned on) cue when something comes in.  Text messages and toasts will turn on the phone to show you the message for a brief period same as the iPhone and any Andriod device.

In regards to a notification light, no such thing in Windows Phone Nokia devices.

All you have to do is turn on the phone and on the lock screen you should see your missed calls, emails and texts.  Toast messages will not be displayed on the lock screen.  We'll have to wait for Windows Phone 8.1 next month to get a notification center type interface.

0 Likes