Why can't I use the internet sharing option?
somegek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm currently outside of US and use a sim card not provided by verizon. But since it is fully paid and unlocked phone it should be no big deal using other sim card.

However I found out that everytime I tried to turn on the Internet sharing option, it just keeps on loading and after a while quits. Nothing happens afterwards.

Does it means that the internet sharing will only work if an verizon sim card is inserted? Or will it never work on prepaid?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lumia Icon not able to share internet?
somegek
Enthusiast - Level 1

The SIM card I'm using were able to tether with previous phone, so I would not think it is the reason. However, I found out the solution myself. After downloading the access point application by Nokia, and reboot, problem solved.

Sorry for the bothering. I wonder why access point is not a build in application....

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You would need to contact the service provider of the SIM card that you are currently using as ask them if tethering/hotspot is included in the service that you purchased from them.

0 Likes
somegek
Enthusiast - Level 1

The SIM card I'm using were able to tether with previous phone, so I would not think it is the reason. However, I found out the solution myself. After downloading the access point application by Nokia, and reboot, problem solved.

Sorry for the bothering. I wonder why access point is not a build in application....