Why can't I send or receive texts in France?
Jheast

II've been in France for 5 days and cannot send or receive texts. 2 calls to Verizon, told both times that the service provider is having technical problems and that this is a "known issue". my traveling partner has no such issue, but she has an iPhone and I have a Nokia Lumia 928.  Any suggestions? I've tried all available networks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send or receive texts in France?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you have come across this issue during your trip, Jheast. I'm glad you were able to reach out to our Global Support. Since you mentioned your friend has an iPhone, are the messages that she is sending and receiving iMessages? If so, this would explain why her phone is able to continue messaging since iMessages require data to send.

When you spoke with our support, were they able to verify if you had the International Dialing feature? When attempting to send a message, are you entering 1 the 10 digit mobile number?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jheast

I am an unhappy customer.  NO, I am NOT dialing additional numbers to TEXT my contacts.  It is my understanding that because I am on International Roaming, this "smart" phone knows these things.  I have now been in France for 8 days without the ability to do anything but DIAL my phone to the US.  Ridiculous.  iPhones don't have this problem, why does VERIZON?

Holly

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jheast

PS: I am paying for a data plan, so the iMessage nonsense has nothing to do with this problem.

Holly

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jheast,

There are many factors that may be affecting this and we are here to help. Does the friend you are with also have Verizon or another provider that they use? Are you able to successfully make calls?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jheast, we want to make sure that you can stay in contact with home. We encourage you to reach out to our Global Support Team for further assistance. It is free of charge to contact them http://vz.to/17KseUf

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikeparris100

Still no texting or calls while in France. Please make sure to adjust my billing so I do not get charged for the international fee. What is the issue!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeparris100, being able to stay connected with family and friends while in France it is essential. I want to make sure we're able to assist. Are you still currently in France? If so, how long are you in France for? What happens when you try to call out or send a text message? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes