Why can't I be able to search for a location in the HTC app?
Lizneedshelp

So, it shows weather for my current locations just fine, but when I search for a specific location it won't find it! The only time it shows weather is when its your current location. And it finds a few areas, such as Anchorage, Alaska. But I would like to know if this is a bug because it should find the locations I search for. And, I do have other weather apps but I want to know why the HTC app isn't working. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I be able to search for a location in the HTC app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lizneedshelp,

Oh No! I'm extremely sorry to learn that you may be having issues with the HTC weather application on your device. I definitely understand how important it is to make sure this application is fully functional at all times. Do you mind sharing what the exact name of this application is? Are you referring to the imbedded weather application that cam on the device? Please share details, thanks!

Matthew_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lizneedshelp

Hello again, as far as I know, the app is called "HTC" and it came with the device. It's the imbedded app. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The HTC app for weather on my android phones only found larger locations. For example, the app would find Las Vegas, NV but not Las Vegas, NM. I would guess the windows phones by HTC might be similar

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lizneedshelp

Then why can't it find the current location your at? It can find any place that way if your there. But if you search it, it wont find it!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Because it uses your GPS location to offer the weather. To add every location in the world is a waste in my opinion when there are many apps out there that do what you want.

On my home screen I want to know what is happening here. I use apps to see what is happening elsewhere

0 Likes