Re: Who wants a premier offer for WP10?ie Lumia 950,950xl
ShadowRider
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, Anthony, your response does not provide and answer to the problem at hand.  No, Anthony, VZW does not "always.. ..offer the latest and greatest devices".  And Anthony, the "best network" is the one that offers the hardware and services that satisfies the needs of the user, and it increasingly appears NOT to be VZW.

Anthony, from your reply and that of others from VZW Customer Support, you may as well be bots that troll for key words and spit out canned responses.  Text and links with no substantial info for the subject at hand.

Mistic67
Enthusiast - Level 2

ShadowRider is correct.

Anthony, I’m certain if there is a way to offer the 950 series phones in the future, VZW will likely jump on the bandwagon. However, at the present time nor foreseeable future, it looks like VZW will not be offering these devices.

In the meantime, however, you can go back to your engineers and corporate leadership to answer the following questions for us:

1. Based on the specifications of the Lumia 950 series devices, will it operate successfully on the VZW network?

2. If it will work on the VZW network, will it work for all services (voice, data, 4G LTE, etc.)?

In the long run, I think it’s better for VZW to support the device operation on its network, but not offer the phone. Here’s why:

1. Current VZW customers will be happy to use the device on their existing plans without having to switch carriers

2. Microsoft will be supporting all the Windows 10 mobile updates

3. VZW’s lacks interest in pushing mobile updates to their devices and rarely does so, if only to silence the general public

So, Anthony, if you really want to contribute, answer the questions above.

Mike R

Network Engineer

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not even a VZW employee and I can tell you based on the specifications of the 950, the answer to both of your questions is "No." without a doubt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Geminiman
Enthusiast - Level 2

The answer isn't no. It's that Microsoft in firmware have disabled CDMA and Band 13 so that they won't work on Verizon.

The hardware itself supports both and would, if MS wasn't blocking it, work fine. See Nexus 5x/6P which has the same chipset (with included radio/baseband) and works fine on Verizon and Sprint.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The chip might be the same, but does it have the same antennas and other hardware components necessary for all those bands to enabled?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jbrown9100
Enthusiast - Level 2

And how. Right there with you.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

JohnGalt1717 wrote:

The answer isn't no. It's that Microsoft in firmware have disabled CDMA and Band 13 so that they won't work on Verizon.

The hardware itself supports both and would, if MS wasn't blocking it, work fine. See Nexus 5x/6P which has the same chipset (with included radio/baseband) and works fine on Verizon and Sprint.

MS hasn't paid the royalties to Qualcomm needed for CDMA, or EVDO to wor, and as for yourself you admitted MS blocked it and hasn't even tested it with the FCC.

So will it work on Verizon is in fact no.  If MS wanted it to work they would have done the leg work to work.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

I'm going with my friend whos works at Verizon in various positions, one being a Sr Tech for years. He knows what he is talking about. I believe him along with the well informed seasoned radio techs and the many things I posted as well as others here and across the net regarding VZW and Windows Phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am going by actually knowing how the tech works, and ACTUAL data from various companies data.  especially Motorola with the Nexus 6.  The fact remains Motorola said they NEVER game Verizon the ID's to Sprint nor Verizon, and yet they worked, and you can find they work.  So if your friends were correct then they NEVER should have worked.  The fact the FCC doesn't show what is needed for Verizon's network shows that MS didn't make it work for Verizon.  The rest is FUD being passed around.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The iPhones also the same way.  The system itself will kick out unknown device, but will work EVERY time.  The only thing it can't do is activate the sim.  So based on what your friend said they shouldn't work.

There's plenty of videos, articles, Verizon higher management, Motorola, Google, Apple, and even threads on these very forums that contradict what he told you.  When he was a senior tech probably BEFORE block C rules, and how the system is now MAJORITY GSM and not CDMA.  How Verizon is phasing out their legacy CDMA for GSM to easily comply with Block C rules to ensure they don't lose their Block C licensing they spent billions to acquire.

0 Likes