Re: Who wants a premier offer for WP10?ie Lumia 950,950xl
IAmVortigaunt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the price hike just makes it that much easier to leave. Thanks, Verizon!

Sent from my Windows Phone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sliblue,

I can let you know that there are many people wanting this phone. I can understand wanting to keep the upgraded model of the Lumia device. I have heard wonderful things about the 950 device. Even though we are not offering the device now, we have offered the two previous models with our service. Please check back with us periodically to see if the phone will be released on our network. We want to make sure that you have the device you really want.

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nedinc
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is desired on the Lumia 950 xl that isn't available on any other Verizon device?  The following is aimed at the iPhone 6 Plus, but generally applies to Android as well:

1. One OS, Windows 10, on every device - tablets, laptops, desktops, as well as phone. No mishmash of operating systems between devices.

2. MSFT Continuum – All devices are synced together. Each can access any Windows 10 device from any other Windows 10 device, and, display wirelessly from that device onto any available digital screen.

3. Camera – The 20 MP 950 xl camera with zoom out performs the iPhone 6 Plus 12 MP camera.

4. SD slot – The Lumia will accept up to 2 TB of removable onboard storage through the SD slot. The pricey iPhone 6 Plus is limited to 128 GB, with no means to swap drives for different presentations.

5. MSFT Office, One Note, One Drive, Skype etc. - Why mix apples and oranges rather than keep everything on one synchronized system. I’m aware that Apple has more apps, but MS has more legacy business programs, and they work on any device, including the phone.

7. The 950 xl has a user replaceable battery. Over the years a bad battery has been the primary cause of inopportune failures. Changing the 950 xl battery is fast, easy, and allows for carrying a fully charged backup power supply. The iPhone 6 Plus is not DIY, and may well void any warranty if attempted.

8. Larger display on the 950 xl  - On the fly the 950 xl  can do full computing with its Windows 10 OS, on a screen large enough to view, and project it onto a much larger screen when needed.

9. Price – The iPhone 6 Plus is $300 more, on a device with fewer features.

10. Business convenience - I don't like carrying a tablet or laptop to do what I can do with something in my pocket. I'll be using the Lumia 950 xl, the only question is on which cellular system.

DTT2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just adding my voice to the choir, I want the 950 or 950XL. If I Verizon refuses to carry, then I will go to AT&T.

I hope the Verizon reconsiders their decision on a lack of Windows Phone support.

0 Likes
JohnFourtyTwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree 100%!

I've had the Lumia Icon/929 over a year now and I've loved every minute of it after ditching that humpback Motorola RAZR which was sluggish at best and would always reboot itself.  The salesrep was trying hard to get me to an Android or iPhone platform but with my experience with Android already I was fed up with the uninstallable bloatware and buggy apps so my mind was made up months before I went to the store, all I had to do was wait for my contract to expire so I could upgrade at the discount rate; the day it expired I got my new phone.

Hopefully Verizon will change their mind and offer the 950 and 950XL because I'm not interested in the other brands or platforms.  Hopefully they will offer at least one model, preferably the 950XL since AT&T has been given the 950.

The only other option is to buy it outright from the Microsoft Store for $649.00!  This would be my last choice if Verizon decides not to offer it.

From the specs of the 950XL, what I like most are the longer lasting battery, removable battery, and SD slot.  With my ICON very rarely have I killed the battery and not be able to conveniently recharge and replacing the battery was not an option without sending it out to a service center.  With the SD slot I'm not limited to 12gb and then either send to the cloud if my laptop wasn't available.

0 Likes
JohnFourtyTwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this a hint that Verizon will carry one of the 950s?

0 Likes
Mistic67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t care so much about the offer. I’ll gladly purchase the phone. At $649, for what you get, it’s a steal.

I just want it to work on the Verizon Wireless network!

0 Likes
DaveN39
Enthusiast - Level 2

No John,

This is the same 'canned' bs response they've been handing out to us (Windows Phone) users for years.

The Windows Phones they currently 'offer' are not a 'premium' Windows Phone. They're old & antiquated.

'Read-my-lips' Verizon...We want a premium Windows Phone (950 XL), and we're tired of waiting.

0 Likes
Mistic67
Enthusiast - Level 2

SliBlue,

I appreciate your comment. Whether or not Verizon plans to offer the 950XL (or a VZW variant) will be irrelevant for many of us. The real question is if we purchase the 950XL unlocked, will we still get our Verizon Wireless services on the device?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No it doesn't support the spectrum and standards needed to.

0 Likes