Re: Who wants a premier offer for WP10?ie Lumia 950,950xl
jeffer23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that I have searched more it looks like the rumors are that AT&T and T-Mobile get the phones first.  I could not find whether Verizon will have a version later.

KevinRush
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  I want to order the 950 and 950xl.  I will wait till November, but then I am going to buy them and use them on a carrier that supports them.

KCole313
Enthusiast - Level 1

100% agreed. I have been supporting Windows Phone since Windows Phone 7 was announced and bought a device as soon as they were released. I have very much enjoyed my Windows Phone devices but been disappointed with my severely limited options with Verizon. I have been let down time and time again by Verizon's lack of support for Windows Phone by foolishly believing that things will change. With all the features that are packed into Windows 10 Mobile and these new devices I am no longer willing to compromise with. I truly believe Verizon has the best coverage and I would like to stay with them but when it comes down to it, it's not worth it. Coverage is obviously important but other networks still have very competitive coverage and I'm on a wi-fi network 90% of the time anyway.

So I'm sorry Verizon but you need to get it together or realize that you are going to loose customers. I will be getting a flagship Windows 10 Mobile device, even if that means switching over to AT&T.

sliblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

+1 Its a no brainer Verizon. I am extremely interested in a Lumia 950 XL

cpfordham
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, for what it's worth, the 950/950XL is at the top of my list for new devices to be deployed at my business.  We deploy Windows desktop for users and having a Windows 10 interface and common applications across hardware platforms (PCs, tablets, laptops, and phones) is VERY appealing.  The Lumia 950 seems to be a good solution for my corporate family and as a decision maker I am willing to look at any carrier that has the right products and services for my company.  I hope Verizon offers the products and services we're looking for, which includes the 950/950XL.

Thanks!

Tidbits
Legend

Looks like AT&T is the exclusive. Small chances it'll end up on other carriers.

0 Likes
barriboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Only for the 950. XL is not exclusive. For that matter, the 950 seems to be a timed exclusive for AT&T. And that's all neglecting the fact that Verizon likes to get its own "exclusive" version, like they did with the 928. Still pretty terrible for verizon users. Everyone else will get to use their shiny new phjones in a month, but we'll still be waiting to hear if they will accept the 950xl on the network or if they are going to get a verizon "exclusive" 958 or whatever the hell.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If there is an exclusive then they'll wait it out. There are things such as both advertising and chatter between companies until the exclusive deal is over.

As for the XL there's still no word from MS themselves and have a feeling it will either be exclusive somewhere or MS store only as they are going to keep production low(this is why I wish they went with a single device model for the Americas market).

Everyone is clamoring Verizon for the answer when Microsoft themselves could provide those same answers...

0 Likes
pm_mazur

My last phone I purchased was full retail, and  that's mainly because of data and small availability of windows devices. I don't like when a phone company tells me which android or ios device I can use... I wanna use neither. Windows fits me best. As a result whichever carrier has a compatible Lumia 950XL, that's where I'll be switching to. I want a stable device with monitor support for my business needs, and obviously none of ios or android devices will work for me.

To whatever company in the west coast, release a Lumia 950XL and you'll have my vote.

0 Likes
arris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon: your screwing up if you don't offer the 950.  I've had the 928 for the last couple of years and love it.  I hate AT&T, but upgrading to this phone is enough to make me switch if Verizon doesn't offer the flagship phone for Windows.  There have already been articles about how Verizon store associates push consumers away from Windows phones (which it is suggested as one of the reasons Windows Phone has such a small market share) so don't confirm that Verizon is anti-Windows by not offering their flagship phone.  It has been predicted that by the end of 2016 that Windows phone will the majority market share.  With all that Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 and the critical reception it is receiving, it would be a shame for Verizon to miss out on this opportunity.  You already can't compete with T-Mobile and Sprint on plans and pricing, but you have the best network and should back it up with the best hardware selection for all OS's.  There are more people that could care less about upgrading to a new IPhone every year than you may think.