Re: Where is the new Microsoft Lumia 950 XL?  Where are you hiding it?    L
Tidbits
Legend

47 CFR 27.16 - Network access requirements for Block C in the 746-757 and 776-787 MHz bands. | US La...

understand this.  Verizon would have to prove to block.  They can't block because they don't want devices on their network.  Your informative guy has never read this let alone said anything about it in the past 4 years...

Again like the current unlocked devices i mentioned no other manufacturer has put the funds into themselves.  Like the person who said updates would need to come from Verizon is false as listed in the same open access Verizon must PUBLISH their changes and must be available to everyone as non-proprietary.  So the security excuse isn't going to fly and Verizon stopping manufacturers from using anything isn't going to fly.

If Verizon was in fact blocking it all one needs to do is recite this to the FCC and they'll investigate.

0 Likes
Re: Where is the new Microsoft Lumia 950 XL? Where are you hiding it? L
lsuperhero
Enthusiast - Level 3

ChrisM_VZW,

I'm checking in with you on this issue.  We would like an official response from you guys on the following:

1.)  Why you were unable to go to lunch with Microsoft on their new phones?

2.)  Was it the cuisine? location?  choice of operating system? Why can't you guys just get along?

3.)  Workarounds - What workarounds do you have in place for getting this phone to run on your network?

L G

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is no work around.

MS doesn't have the licensing or approval from the FCC to use spectrum on Verizon let alone paid Qualcomm the licensing fees to make CDMA on and work.

If you want the 950 you have to go to AT&T or buy unlocked and choose some other GSM carrier.

0 Likes
lsuperhero
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the answer!

Where is the answer button!!!

Thanks Tidbits!

0 Likes
winphonewin

Ok between MS and VZ neither want to be wrong in the eye of the consumer. You can quote whatev tech you know but both of these companies are tech smart to let something as simple as disabling a tech or not allowing a phone on their network. This is simply political between the two companies that no one on the outside will understand until it has past. Just stop trying to get MS or VZ to cooperate with each other. They will when it is beneficial. Maybe it is a Surface Phone.

If I buy the 950 unlocked; what is Verizon going to offer me that AT&T or T-mobile will not on their network? Loyalty is only being foolish when it comes to sticking to a specific carrier.Get the beat deal between the carriers and the cost of the phone is negligible. It is all in the plan.

The need for a carrier first then a phone is going by the wayside. Consumers will no longer need the carrier to provide the financial assistance for the phone they want\need. Marketing is changing for wireless companies and they need to be competitive

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The problem with that. Verizon CAN'T block phones...   No matter how people push it to be true the fact is they can't. It's called Block C rules. Verizon can't block any device that supports the spectrum 700C from connecting.

0 Likes
Bulldawg77

I wish Microsoft and Verizon would get together and work out whatever issues there are. I'm not interested in the technical stuff, I just want to get the best phone on the best system to integrate with the Surface Pro 4 I'm getting. I am not interested in having three different OS on all my stuff. I prefer one OS and have access to everything on any device.

Please get me the best phone on the best system and make me very happy. Smiley Happy

0 Likes