Where is 8.1 for Samsung ATIV SE!! This is getting totally ridiculous! At least an answer would be nice, an estimate, anything!!
tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is this update going to be released? Have my phone since ?June and still no 8.1. What is going on? Why does ATT have 8.1 for all their windows phones? Getting ready to take my phones to another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where is 8.1 for Samsung ATIV SE!! This is getting totally ridiculous! At least an answer would be nice, an estimate, anything!!
Ambicadu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not only getting, but has been, ridiculous for a long time now.  Don't even think about Windows 10 on this phone but the looks of it.  Boy did I make a mistake with Verizon and this phone.

Re: Where is 8.1 for Samsung ATIV SE!! This is getting totally ridiculous!  At least an answer would be nice, an estimate, anything!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know software updates are important to our customers plus they enhance the phones functionality. We don't have an update for your device at this time tomcat1015. Once we receive the update from the manufacture, we will provide it to our customer. Are you having any issues with your phone we can address?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Where is 8.1 for Samsung ATIV SE!! This is getting totally ridiculous! At least an answer would be nice, an estimate, anything!!
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Once we receive the update from the manufacture, we will provide it to our customer.

What a load of bull! You've had the updates from Microsoft of the Lumia Icon since July and you've been jerking us around since then. Between the ridiculous demands you put on the OEMs and the snails pace of testing/approvals, VZW is a freakin' joke.

So, please...stop lying to your customers and stop pointing fingers at the OEMs. The lengthy delays in rolling out important updates is on YOU!

HDBanger

Yup this is total bullshit. I have been waiting for 6 months now myself. The last rep said it was coming in December. I tried to get a different phone but they won't let me without ridiculous fees. I really hate verizon now, and am so sorry for signing another contract.  Would love to get out of it and run, as far away from Verizon as possible.. Sigh. My phone does everything great, except to be used as a phone!  Support was a joke and very condescending, actually told me I was lucky to have her correct an error on my bill that VERIZON made, yeh I FEEL real lucky I tell ya.. pft

0 Likes
Re: Where is 8.1 for Samsung ATIV SE!! This is getting totally ridiculous!  At least an answer would be nice, an estimate, anything!!
tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes and the issue I am having for the phone no one from Verizon has been able to help me with. I also went to Samsung and Microsoft.  I have text messages randomly disappearing in blocks. Today messages from 02/06/15 through 02/19/15 disappeared. I also get some that will pop back up after being gone for weeks. Makes no sense to me and no one can seem to figure it out. I am not using a third party app for texting and even had the phone replaced and the problem still exists. By the way everyone else tells me it is up to Verizon to release 8.1.. it would behoove Verizon, Microsoft and Samsung to release a statement on 8.1.  What ever happened to treating customers with respect. I think all anyone wants is an honest answer on 8.1 for this phone!!!

0 Likes
sari60

Be careful what you wish for. I have a Samsung ATIV SE II, which I've been really happy with. I was offered the 8.1 upgrade tonight and let it download, and now this is only able to be used for phone calls and texts. None of my 5 email accounts work. I can't open any apps at all. Most of my tiles on the home screen are now just gray squares. My gmail accounts all say "Attention required", but I can't access them. I deleted one and attempted to recreate it, but when I click the Add Account + sign, nothing happens. My Outlook account tile shows new messages are arriving, but I can't open it to read them. Every app I select just takes me back to the home screen. I'm now forced to do a factory reset just so I can use it again. Who the heck tested this?

0 Likes