Re: Where for art thou Samsung Odyssey?
rdevall
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL...I knew it...I knew that VZW was going to cheapen out on the Samsung.  It figures.  They are so afraid that a high end model Win 8 Phone will put a dent in droid sales....

I have to agree with another poster on this board (although not this message) it may be time to switch carriers at this point. 

What the heck?! Verizon...come on!....

0 Likes
Eric_D
Enthusiast - Level 2

What a drag. Specs were leaked today:

No longer waiting for the Odyssey!

http://www.wpcentral.com/specs-verizon-samsung-odyssey-leak-confirming-mid-range

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed in VZW. They keep giving lip service to a third phone OS and them do nothing to help WP* to succeed. I am so sick of the android catering going on here. Maybe it is time to switch after more than 15 years with VZN. Come on people.

0 Likes
Kohld
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I already have an AT&T UVerse TV and Internet account and would get a decent discount if I add voice... perhaps it is time to begin rolling my family's phones over to that account. My phone is already due for an upgrade, so I can always give their service a trial run.

I also know that the loss of $370 a month I pay for service will not make anyone at Verizon even blink, but canceling is the only message you can send them that will even register as a statistic.

0 Likes
asphaltpilot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, another dumb-down W8 phone accepted/put out by Verizon.  8x still the only good (flagship) W8 phone on Verizon for at least another couple months.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i guess i'm not sure what everyone is looking for? the specs seem similar to the 8X, except the samsung has a bigger (removeable) battery and a micro sd slot. what exactly was everyone hoping for? i can tell by the specs that it's not exactly high end or cutting edge, but i'd still say it looks more appealing than the 8X?

0 Likes
CrimsonO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

"i guess i'm not sure what everyone is looking for?  i can tell by the specs that it's not exactly high end or cutting edge."

I think you just answered your own question.

lostxtsol
Enthusiast - Level 3

No kidding... just look at any Windows phone offered by any other carrier. Mid and high range options... VZW... same phone three different looks... I mean, really? 2 hour waits in local stores, willfully ignoring customer wants for corporate lobbying. This is how companies end up in trouble acting liek they cant figure out how this happened to them... well... here you are...

Do i want that, no, but honestly.... its not up to me. This is just bad practices. I think everyone in here is trying to advise VZW to FINALLY do better. Theres a reson the Trophy didnt do better, it has nothing to do with WP7 popularity and everything to do with the trphy being hardware wise, a piece of junk. This is marginally better, so DUH... same outcome. Honestly, anyone with 2 minutes and rudimentary skills could do the market research on this since forums across the net are filled with people leaving, threatening to leave, and lamenting there being no real choice.

Just, for the love of god... business 101.. give the customer what they want and they will buy it. A kid with a lemonade stands gets this.

Eric_D
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just get the 822 and check it out. I've been quite happy with it albeit with a couple small issues I'm working through.

0 Likes
lostxtsol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mind if i ask what those issues are?

0 Likes