Re: Where for art thou Samsung Odyssey?
lostxtsol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dude who cares what Scott21 thinks?

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

You must you replied. So that says you read it lol., think before you type.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I understand what your saying but to say theres no high-end windows phone is false 8X is high-end period. And there will be more soon i bet.

0 Likes
lostxtsol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reading does not imply caring...???

"8X is high-end"

To you, your opinion. Period. Read around at the reviews all over the net. Mid-level. Others opinions.

0 Likes
Eric_D
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI, as a follow up, I returned the Lumia 822 to Verizon. Loved the phone, but buyer beware to anyone buying a Windows 8 Phone who has a Ford with Sync system, because you'll have issues. See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/wp8-pairing-issues-with-cars-bluetoo...  for hundreds of people with these problems. Supposed to have a bunch of updates to Bluetooth in the 8.0.10211.204 update, but Verizon was not pushing that out yet and some ATT people were still having some Sync issues. Good luck to all of you.

0 Likes
cfordg

I went by my local VZW store on 1/24/13 to look at the ATIV Odyssey which has just been released.

Sigh!!

It's selling for essentially $50 w/ a 2 year contract. The form factor is within mm of my HTC Trophy and little difference otherwise; ie: the Odyssey screen is listed as 4" and the Trophy at 3.8: with the body specs within the same sort of range. Great, you can use your existing holster, but if you've been waiting for a truly useable larger screen, kiss those thoughts goodbye. BTW, I watch streaming Netflix and YouTube on my Trophy all the time, but when I say "..truly useable larger screen..", I mean for Windows Office mobile or QuickBooks Online.

Any upgrade from an old plan (Ie: My Trophy has a grandfathered 3G plan offering unlimited for @29.95/mo) will require switching to a new 4G plan with tiered pricing. You'll be the best judge of what that will cost you.

The crippled Bluetooth stack continues, but that's essentially an MFST issue that shouldn't be laid at the feet of VZW.

In short, I'm keeping my Trophy and hoping that Samsung or someone will perceive the real demand for a larger form factor, high-end Windows phone like the ATIV S and release one for the US market.

BaDuh, BaDuh, Budat's all folks

Peace - Out

0 Likes