Re: When will windows 8.1 be released for nokia icon?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Here are some facts:

Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan update coming to all Lumias this summer : Mobile : Mobile & Apps

As well as the hardware announcements, Nokia has also confirmed that Windows Phone 8.1 will be available for all Lumia Windows 8 smartphones as an over-the-air update starting this summer," Nokia announced in a company blog post.

and, http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/02/lumia-930-lumia-630-lumia-635/

As well as the hardware announcements, Nokia has also confirmed that that Windows Phone 8.1 will be available for all Lumia Windows 8 smartphones as an over-the-air update starting this summer.

Technically it's still summer.

<< Personal comments removed >>

Post edited by:Verizon Moderator

pranahiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says starting summer, not by the end of summer. That's a big difference.

0 Likes
ssr66902

My problem with this lays in the fact that the Lumia 930 is essentially the international version of our Icon.  It shipped with Windows 8.1 and Cyan.  Would someone care to speculate on why AT&T's Lumia's were the first to be updated in spite of this fact?

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe because AT&T cares about their customers more than Verizon?  They got the update the same day as Verizon, they have better phones than Verizon and once theirs are unlocked can be moved to a different carrier so have a vested interest in keeping their customers happy, well to some degree anyway.  I guess since Verizon knows since their customers CAN'T move their phones to a different carrier they don't have to keep us happy, at least until our contracts run out and then they MIGHT have an interest in making us happy.  I know I have already started shopping for a different carrier!

0 Likes
Re: Re: When will windows 8.1 be released for nokia icon?
primortal
Master - Level 1

pranahiker wrote:

It says starting summer, not by the end of summer. That's a big difference.

Nokia Care US on Twitter: @iamprimortal 2/2 this summer following testing and operator approvals. We...

<< Personal comments removed >>

Post edited by:Verizon Moderator

Defn
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

Look at this neat little chart from Nokias' website! It shows what phones have Cyan on it, and which ones are undertesting!

How neat is that? A place you can go and look at the specific phone you have questions about, weird. Right?