When will we get Denim?
owsleyf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon when exactly will us owners of the Nokia Icon get the Denim update?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will we get Denim?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question owsleyf! At this time we do not have any information regarding the software update release. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask Microsoft.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
penterax
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lumia Icon Denim update scheduled for early 2015 | Windows Central

So, according to Joe Belfiore (VP in charge of the Windows Phone division of MS) we WILL be getting Denim for the ICON and it will come with the 8.1+Cyan update.

"Early 2015" - really, I think it's best to interpret this to mean "the first half of 2015" so as not to get your hopes up about it happening before June. It's hard not to expect it earlier, especially since it was recently released for other Windows Phones, but patience is a real virtue here - and the lack of patience will only add to your stress level. Smiley Happy

The good news is that Microsoft has stepped in and said more than once that we WILL be getting these updates for the ICON. My guess is that MS stepped in and joined with Verizon to help Verizon with its certification process and get 8.1 and Cyan out in a more timely manner (heh). So, we can trust that we will eventually get our phones updated, whereas before Verizon had made no official statement about whether or not we would even get it at all. This has really helped me feel better about the whole thing and I thank Joe for giving us the information he can.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question owsleyf! At this time we do not have any information regarding the software update release. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Mpmacal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to download it on Feb, 13th.

Good Luck.