When will the Windows Phone 8.1 update be avalible for the ATIV Odyssey?
drako357
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a developer I am aware of the past issues and bad blood between Verizon and Microsoft.  The past is the past and Verizon's priority should be to deliver the best product to their customers.  I am tired of the lack of support and service I get in regards to my phone.  It started in the Verizon Store when I first wanted to buy a Windows Phone and the associate did everything in their power to sell me another phone and made less than glowing remarks about the Windows Phone interface.  I love my Windows Phone and for the most part am overly pleased with Verizon service as well, but the untimeliness of the updates is outrageous and I hope that the 8.1 update is released prior to the date my contract expires.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will the Windows Phone 8.1 update be avalible for the ATIV Odyssey?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drako357, we share the same anticipation for new software releases! Glad to hear you are enjoying your device. Currently no word yet on the release. Stay tuned for future news and announcements here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Can you PLEASE stop pandering your news center/newsletters, they are useless.

Just post a release schedule and all the posts, bickering, FCC complains would come to a stop.  It's a very simple thing to do.  You already have a page; Advanced Devices - Software Updates | Verizon Wireless  just need to reflect a release schedule.

You guys are like a child that's taught not to share

0 Likes
skybluedream

I'm waiting for this information too! Asking Verizon, Samsung, Microsoft..everyone!! In twitter, email..online chat.. since mid-JULY..still.. NOTHING!!

SAME OLD B.S replies!!

I'm very upset & disappointed!!

I wouldn't wait like a friggin COWARD for an update if this Windows Phone allowed root & custom installation of ROMs.

It does to an extent with developer preview but with no proper firmware the camera doesn't work & phone reboots at RANDOM! ANYTIME!!

I could survive with Windows Phone 8 but The biggest FIRGGIN' problem is that ..but there is just NO WAY to downgrade back to 8 after installing developer preview!!!?

Load of CRAP!!!

I travel a lot & I like Verizon for global roaming capability.

But next time I will not, NEVER..EVER buy your JUNKs..Rather spend more & get a full unlocked device!

With that said I won't be buying a stupid Samsung device or this bullcrap Windows Phone either.

I BLAME all 3 of you COWARDS!! Verizon, Samsung & Microsoft!!

I'm going to Taiwan & there I'll buy a Meizu MX4 or Xiaomi Mi4..for $300 outright. TO HELL with all of your crap!

I'm just TIRED & I can't take this anymore that I can't even have a friggin normal WORKING PHONE!??

JUST TIRED of supporting Verizon & Microsoft..to hell with you ALL! :@

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

primortal wrote:

Can you PLEASE stop pandering your news center/newsletters, they are useless.

Just post a release schedule and all the posts, bickering, FCC complains would come to a stop.  It's a very simple thing to do.  You already have a page; Advanced Devices - Software Updates | Verizon Wireless  just need to reflect a release schedule.

You guys are like a child that's taught not to share

Ask the manufacturer honestly...  If they are not finished then how is Verizon going to know.  If there is an NDA then Verizon wouldn't be able to say anything other than what the manufacturer tells them.  I have yet to see any carrier relay any proximate date unless that date is already given by the manufacturer(Motorola Cliq for example).

0 Likes