Re: When will the Lumia Icon receive Lumia Cyan update?
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry Scon36,

Just realized these emails are coming from the version thread, Duh. Still frustrating.

Paul

0 Likes
scon36
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
scon36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thats my understanding. Everything I read points to this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Paul52 wrote:

Gee where do I start, What? He’s your employee he works for you and your telling me he might know something you DON’T? Time will tell? No you tell me, please this is not rocket science. Yes or No will the 8.1 release happen soon or at all?

Paul Swann

No one knows on this peer to peer community forum when an update will be released for a phone not even the VZW reps that roam this community forum know. Of which none of those reps have responded to this discussion thread yet. They may or may not ever respond. Only time will tell.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RacingGreen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am surprised you just bought a new Icon - it seems to have been discontinued by Verizon, although they may be unloading remaining inventory. As for the Cyan or Denim updates, I wouldn't count on getting anything. I have read in these forums and other places online that VZ employees are saying it will be available "any day", but the truth is that they have been saying that since July.

I have an Icon that I love and feel frustrated & betrayed by VZ's unwillingness to be forthcoming on either WP8.1 or the future of the device.... but I don't think for a minute that my reaction matters to VZ at all.

scon36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right now this isn't Verizon holding the updat, it is Microsoft/Nokia not having the update available yet for the Icon. Their sites clearly state that the Cyan or Denim updates are not yet available for the Icon.

0 Likes
MedicDW
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's incorrect. Microsoft released 8.1 and Nokia released Cyan months ago to carriers to do their testing. The page you are referring to is Nokia courtesy page to inform their customer how incompetent their carrier are and carriers are doing their own "testing". You can email Nokia to confirm that if you like.

0 Likes
MedicDW
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are absolutely correct my friend! You can complain all you want but they are the largest carrier in the country. You can always switch and tell big red to go pound sand. Forget about brand loyalty or attachment anxiety! I am switching to T-Mobile soon as they will buy my brand new contract out and give me good money to trade in for my phones. Unlimited music streaming, free global data, WiFi calling, tons of GSM phone to choose from... AND no contract!!!! What's the worst gonna happen? It doesn't work well for me and I go somewhere else? Make these carriers work for their money!

Tidbits
Legend

??? Why not now? T-Mobile is paying off ETFs to switch.

dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last I looked, Sprint is also paying off ETFs.  Of course they have only one Windows Phone, so in that regard they might be worse than Verizon.  I have read that their customer service is very good currently.

0 Likes