Re: When will Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan Update be released? (Update)
Not applicable

Again the complaint will do no good

Carriers are not responsible to carry any devices they don't want on their networks.

Updates come from Google and the device maker.

Service? Very doubtful that will go anywhere.

Good Luck

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Elector:  These posts are going to eat away at you until blood starts dripping from your ears and eyes.  You just can't walk away, can you?  Your "won't work" and "good luck" feedback has grown annoying.  It would not surprise me to find out that you are actually a Verizon employee.  I am wary of opening my email, only to see that you have wasted all of our time with yet another zero-value post.  And please do not waste any more of our time by replying to this post. 

The Verizon Forums are divided into categories based on device.  If you have something valuable to share about your Apple APP Launcher, please start your own post on the Apple Forums and huddle-up all of your Apple chums - maybe they have an interest. 

Your post history clearly indicates that you feel compelled to stick your nose in everyone else's business.  If you are that obsessed with rambling, and feel like you need some confirmation, I can tell you that you will have some better luck by starting your own post.  You have worn out your welcome here.

In the mean time...  www.fcc.gov/complaints  Sorry, you can't file a complaint about annoying people on the Verizon Forums, but you can sure file a complaint about not getting your Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update.  Services is an ideal category to post your complaint under considering the number of 8.1 Cyan security and connectivity enhancements that WP owners have waited over a year for.  Be sure to have your Verizon Account Number handy too. 

0 Likes
Jallenwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

To file, or not to file.  That is the question.  If you file and it helps, awesome.  If you file and it doesn't help, oh well, you only wasted your time.  If you don't file and it would of helped, our loss.  If you don't file and it would of done no good, then no harm no foul.

So out of the 4 possible scenarios, only one comes with a negative to me....Not filing and it would of done good.  So if these guys want to file, than by all means file.  Telling them it won't work over and over does not get us Cortana any faster.

Although, if Verizon monitors these posts, and I suspect they do to some level, they should see the level of intolerance growing in the customer base and move faster to get us Cortana, and if they have any idea of how to provide outstanding customer service, a token of appreciation would be nice for the delay, say.. A free month of service, or some such offering

Not applicable

Its a good thing I don't listen or care about what you write.

I will stick my nose in any thread I please on an open forum. Be it Apple or Android or windows.

This is a public forum.

You are giving false and misleading information. Verizon does not jump as you claim they have after you filed a complaint with the FCC. Post positive proof that because of "Your" complaint the windows phone users had their updates faster. Prove it, or stop posting fantasy.

No I don't work for Verizon wireless in any manner shape or form.

But I have had cellular service even before Verizon entered the industry. Doubtful you can say the same.

I am seeing your rant on more than one forum post and its always the same. Complain to the FCC they will force Verizon wireless to send out the updates.

That is a total fabrication on your part.

Verizon is not obligated under any FCC rules to provide any updates to devices they do not make. Last time I looked it was Microsoft or as I mentioned above Google or Apple iOS

Verizon does not even have to carry the device. They allow it on their network because it generates money for them. They do not update, repair these devices.

As another poster pointed out I agree the device makers should do all this updating and just leave the carriers out of it.

Complain to the FCC or to congress or your states regulatory agencies and get laughed at.

If Verizon was breaking the law or in violation of state and federal regulations then and only then do you and others have a legitimate complaint. However not getting a device update within a certain time frame is not a legitimate complaint as I have pointed out to you many times.

You are giving misinformation. Pure and Simple.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

It should have said " Microsoft, Google, Apple through the device maker"

0 Likes
wookietim
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this rate the first update to 8.1 will be out before Verizon get's off it's butts and releasing it for the phones. I'm ready to give up on Verizon and go to AT&T - they actually seem capable of making updates available.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The update is already out for participants of the developers preview program, Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (GRD1) Now Available

IcemanAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

This weekend I was in my local verizon store to get a defective sim card replaced. I inquired as to when Cyan might be pushed, and I was informed that Verizon, in all likelyhood, will not push WP 8.1 due to poor windows phone sales. The representative was actually quite condescending, saying that I must be "One of the few" who actually likes the windows phone compared to iOS and andriod phones.

When I was looking for a smartphone, the announcement of Cortana and the 8.1 updates was what prompted me to choose my windows phone over an andriod phone (sorry, I just never thought the iPhone was all that great), and I have waited patiently, otherwise content with my purchase. However, if this representative is indeed correct, and Verizon will not release 8.1, I do feel that I have been baited and switched.

My patience is wearing thin, and having no great loyalty to verizon, I will likely consider alternative carriers once my contract expires. Its hardly fair to say that the windows phone underperforms in sales, when it has demonstrated consistant growth of market share for some time, though still overshadowed by the other competators. Maybe verizon would sell more phones if it did the right thing when it comes to updating the product, and stopped treating its customers like idiots for thier decisions.

mythos28th
Enthusiast - Level 3

When is the release date for Windows 8.1 update?

Exactly, they treat Windowsphone as an inconvenience.  My loyalty is wearing thin.  I did my research.  I wanted a Nokia to be compatible with my Windows laptop and because it has the best camera.  The Verizon sales person tried to talk me out of it.  I said I don't need all those stupid apps, I'd rather have MS Office.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Never take the word of a salesman specially when it comes to WP; their money is made in Andriod/iPhone sales....  If WP wasn't selling well VZW wouldn't be carrying any device, period.

Being AT&T is the only US carrier rolling out WP 8.1 I suspect Microsoft is spoon-feeding the roll out approvals to the carriers.  It just sucks that Microsoft nor VZW (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) cannot communicate the roll out schedule other then sometime in the Summer.

I'm hoping Update 1 released today opens the floodgate for releasing WP 8.1 + Cyan to everyone else.

Worse news is that HTC and Samsung are quite on when they will push the updates to the carriers as well.

0 Likes