When will Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan Update be released? (Update)
T_Williams
Enthusiast - Level 2

T-Mobile and AT&T are making progress, but not a word from Verizon Wireless.  What's Up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan Update be released? (Update)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello T.Williams, we share your same anticipation & excitement for new software releases! Stay tuned for future news and announcements here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
imnhillbillyhell
Enthusiast - Level 3

LIES!!!! IF YOU, VERIZON, TRULY SHARED OUR ANTICIPATION THEN YOU, VERIZON, WOULD STOP WITH THESE LAME PAPER-THIN EXCUSES FOR NOT RELEASING WINDOWS PHONE UPDATES ON TIME.

YOU, VERIZON, WOULD PARTICIPATE IN THE WINDOWS PHONE BETA TESTING PROGRAM AND ADVANCE DEVELOPER TESTING SO THAT YOUR CUSTOMERS DO NOT RECEIVE OS UPDATES ON A 6-MONTH TO 1-YEAR DELAY.

YOU, VERIZON, ANTICIPATE NOTHING BUT RECEIPT OF OUR MONEY.

Not applicable

Stop posting in all caps. No one is reading your posts.

Good Luck

MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Lip Service

www.fcc.gov/complaints

Let them know that you don't have the update yet and the FCC will have some exciting news for Verizon!

(You can even file your claim in all CAPS if you want.)

wowser

Didn't really see an applicable category to file a complaint under or I would have.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Its a dream if the poster actually thinks anything will come of the complaints.

The poster did not tell you that the disclaimer for online complaints clearly state they are collected but give no guarantee of any actions.

The FCC could care less about any update not created by Verizon or Sprint or T-Mobile or even AT&T.

That is squarely a device makers issue. Not the cellular providers.

Verizon Wireless is not even obligated to carry the device, let alone push out any updates. Think about it?

And you will note when you post correctly you will get replies.

Good Luck

Not applicable

File Complaint | FCC.gov

There is no complaint process for cellular phone updating.

Details

• Rural Call Completion
  • Telemarketing (including Do-Not-Call)
  • Prerecorded messages
  • Billing
  • Service
  • Privacy
  • Identity theft
  • Disability access
  • Number portability
  • Unlocking devices
  • Unlawful advertising
  • 911 calls
  • Tower Light outages
  • Signal interference to other devices
  • Cell phone jammers

Nothing. The poster has been posting this incorrect information on numerous threads.

Good Luck

MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Wireless Telephone

Billing, Service, Privacy, Number Portability, Unlocking Devices, and other issues

Have your Verizon Customer Account Number Handy

(In my complaint, I printed off a few stories about the release to a .PDF and attached them.  The link below provides a pretty good reason to complain.)

AT&T Rolls Out Windows Phone 8.1 to Nokia Lumia 1520 | Windows Phone content from Paul Thurrott's Su...

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Elector:  Sorry Brother.  This is round 4 for me.  Dealt with the FCC 4 versions ago.  Not only did the FCC tell me where to go to post my complaint, but they contacted Verizon on the last 3 occasions - and I expect them to contact Verizon a 4th time with my 8.1 Cyan complaint.  As long as the update provides bug fixes, etc. - the FCC states that regardless of what the Verizon contract says - they must keep your device up to date so that you have optimum service and connectivity (3G, LTE, WiFi, or "other").  AND they must provide the update on a "timely" basis.  IMO, after the release is out the door with Microsoft and after the competition has release it to most of their Windows Phone population...  well, that is beyond "timely" for me.

Will it change anything?  Who knows?  Those on the forum who think they run Verizon say no.  That's interesting as I have yet to find a public US company who likes to have the Government looking over their shoulder.

File your complaint and when the Verizon Customer Service Princess calls to find out what the problem is and asks to confirm that you got your update - give her an earful.  Ask for her manager's email so that you can blast them too.  It's nonsense to have to wait weeks after a release and after all of the press has died down to get an update out of Verizon.

www.fcc.gov/complaints

(I also wanted to add that 4 updates/versions ago, it was Microsoft who told me to call the FCC.  They, too, were tired of taking the heat for carriers like Verizon dragging their feet.)