Re: When will Cortana and Windows Phone 8.1 be available for the Nokia Lumia Icon? I bought the phone in June, and I was told by the Verizon salesperson that I could expect Cortana in a matter of "weeks". It's now three months, and I haven't heard anythin
Tidbits
Legend

Doesn't say that within the thread. It says from the rep DP devices not devices that already have Cyan. There's a difference.

Re: When will Cortana and Windows Phone 8.1 be available for the Nokia Lumia Icon? I bought the phone in June, and I was told by the Verizon salesperson that I could expect Cortana in a matter of "weeks". It's now three months, and I haven't heard anythin
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

It's for DP users who don't have Cyan -- it's the Bitlocker issue. In order to get the Cyan firmware that was released by their carriers, those users were having to rollback DP to 8.0 before they could 'upgrade' to Cyan + 8.1

By the time Verizon releases Cyan + 8.1, those of us who have installed 8.1 DP (and perhaps 8.1.1) may not even face the issue.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Where's does the postings say that?  Exactly where is this information?  Or is this speculations.  This posting came today?  Where's the change logs of the update and how large are they?

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

There is a large community following these issues elsewhere; go look on WPCentral or Reddit. While it would be great if MSFT could just bypass VZW and give us Cyan, it's not going to happen.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

links...  provide links from MS themselves...  like the one i posted...

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Read the first post in the thread you posted: "As part of our effort to resolve the issue with updating to Cyan while on the Preview for Developer program..."

Then read the context  in the discussion. This is about those people on DP8.1 who can't update to (available) Cyan because of the Bitlocker issue. This isn't about getting Cyan to people whose carriers haven't released it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

links again.  Show me the change long.  You say that is what it is for.  There should be a change log somewhere showing it.  So please provide it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

IF we are going to believe what you say...

That defeats a lot of people arguments that there was NOTHING wrong with the update and Verizon was withholding it...  You know that right?  That's why I want a change log...

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Why should anyone try and get you the change log, Tidbits?  You and Elector just keep telling us we have no right to demand the update?  I still think both of you work for or with Verizon but just don't want to be known as such.  Elector has even went so far on one chain as saying he/she hates Microsoft for sending out updates each month to patch their computer.  Since neither of you has anything to say other than your normal, "It is someone other than Verizon holding up the firmware/updates" or "You don't have any contractual rights to the firmware/updates" why don't  both you just let us rant and you stay off our rants?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Someone and I guess I am one of a few others that have to keep your information correct.

First it was complain to the FCC, bam...I prove that it is not a valid place to complain.

Then it was complain to the FTC, bam..I prove nothing came about with that complaint process.

Then it was Microsoft said this and Microsoft yo yo said that. Not validated by anyone complaining.

Then it was one poster claimed a Verizon Executive said they were testing the update, but again had no idea of any update.

Then I showed via links that Verizon nor any carrier has to update your devices.

Then I showed a link stating no matter what a sales person promised regarding any update to a windows phone was not valid. I post proof. Not fantasy.

If the windows users actually had a valid reason to complain myself and others would not have to prove the posters wrong. But the complainers keep posting inaccurate information

And again I don't work for Verizon. But when you complainers have no valid argument to support your stand then the name calling and posts of "this person or that person works for Verizon" just like the complaints you are 100% wrong.

I mentioned the update Tuesdays for Windows Computers has been going on since Windows 3.1 and above.

Why trust Microsoft with a phone? Let's have update Fridays for those devices for life. This way the same people complaining now can complain every week.

If a carrier is not obligated to update the device at all, what do you really have to complain about?

Think about it.

And if you get it the same people complaining about not getting an update will be back here complaining about issues with the update. And this is happening at AT&T as I type this and other web sites.

Complain all you guys want. I am getting some of my best entertainment from these posts.

Good Luck

0 Likes