What is max length for wi-fi access password?
RonMcK3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, All,

Is there a maximum length in WP8 (on my 8-X) for the WPA2 password for wifi network access? My 8-X mysteriously 'chokes' before I get all of mine entered. If there is a limit, what is it?

Thanks,

Ron

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is max length for wi-fi access password?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RonMcK3!

Lets get to the bottom of this password situation! There is no real limitation to the number of characters entered. Are there special characters in the password that you are entering? Can you establish WiFi connection on other mobile devices?

Keep me posted!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: What is max length for wi-fi access password?
RonMcK3
Enthusiast - Level 2

AdamE,

Thanks for replying. I fear you may be mistaken. My WAP had a 24-character password which the router and the PCs had no problem with. Try as I might, I could only enter ~14 or 15 characters before the 8-X automatically tried to log in to my network using that fragment. I tried multiple times, becoming very careful to not fat-finger a new line or carriage return. No joy.0

One of your colleages at 800-922-0204, Tech Support, referred me to HTC Tech Support where I learned that the wifi password has to be 14 or fewer characters in length. I'm uncertain whether this is an 8-X limitation or is courtesy of Microsoft.

Once I change the network password to 14 characters, the 8-X connects automatically. Thanks, Ron

0 Likes