Re: What is Verizon's problem with Windows Phone?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do have the capability...but...Microsoft hasn't enabled those bands because the phones are operating as GSM devices on bands supported by at&t and T-Mobile. The spec sheet for the phones makes no mention of CDMA or the bands that VZW uses...as far as I can see.

I think that this is being done because...as has been eluded to...VZW has not been supportive of Windows phones and sales reps seem to push iPhones first and Android second.

Hopefully VZN and Microsoft will straighten things out so the next set of Microsoft phones...which should be models that are wholly designed by Microsoft...will be able to be used on VZW's network even if the phones are not sold in VZW stores.

Tidbits
Legend

That's already been disproven as that guy has no idea what he is talking about. Verizon doesn't use CDMA authentication method for LTE devices. Go look at the other threads. Verizon had problems with this system and it was explained that they use GSM method. This was 4 years ago.

0 Likes
jmachats
Enthusiast - Level 3

Daniel Rubino has reached out to verizon for a response over 48 hours ago. They haven't responded. If what they guy is saying is false why haven't they responded to debunk it?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They don't need to the facts have been out since 4 years ago. I linked one of themy in the other threads.

LTE devices had trouble authenticating and dropped data every so often. Verizon said if was a bug and they switch authentication protocols as the reason.  The guy said what he said is based on device prior to LTE devices which he probably may have worked for Verizon at that time. So his data may not be current, but if he did a simple Google search he would have found his answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Keep in mind Windows 7 wasn't out and I believe there were no windows 6.5 devices on Verizon when Verizon switched on LTE. So this is what Android devices went through. This explains they switched protocols. Like with AT&T or T-Mobile you do not need to give the IMEI to use any device with an active sim as long as the frequencies are supported. However to activate a sim you will have to give it.

Unlocked Devices like the

NEXUS 6, 5X, 6PA

Iphone 6 and higher

Motorola X (2015)

Will work on Verizon and within their system will say non-Verizon device much like the GSM devices would on a GSM carrier. Verizon did this to comply to Block C rules and also due to their plans to retire CDMA requires their systems to be updated to GSM.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/19/this-is-why-your-verizon-galaxy-nexus-or-other-4g-lte-vzw-ph...

0 Likes
jmachats
Enthusiast - Level 3

"They don't need to" is a BS answer

I'm not buying what you're selling. I believe what Rubino, Thurrott and Foley are saying in the article and video

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Read the link. It's not the way he explained and hasn't been that way for the past 4 years at least. He is talking about the old CDMA system and also go read and understand the block C rules. Open access especially that part. If Verizon blocks a device that can connect to their network they are violating the open access rule. MS didn't put it in on their own so they are not covered by open access. Microsoft already said they are not talking to any carrier other than AT&T also and they said that before this vlog.

0 Likes