WP8 Static on Audio playback
CosmoNerd

I recognized from the very beginning that the HTC 8x audio stream always has static background noise.

This applies to the following devices, regardless of streaming source (XBox Music, local MP3,

• Hardwired headphones (with Beats Audio on/off)
  • Bluetooth headsets
  • Bluetooth streaming devices, e.g. Bose Soundlink

Did anybody else discover this behavior?

VZW: Any official information on that behavior?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: WP8 Static on Audio playback
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

I had that problem but as soon as I restarted my phone it stopped. I read somewhere else that a bug fix will be released in the upcoming Portico update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CosmoNerd, thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I checked and I'm not showing any known issues specifically related to streaming so far on this device. Have you noticed this issue with music that is saved on the device? Any audio issues when user speakerphone? Have you also rebooted the device after receiving static?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

do you know when the Portico update is coming to VZ?

Kinda very annoying that Verizon hasn't released the update and its been out for a month now

0 Likes
mohaapre

I have noticed this static after i played a video game. also, after playing the video game, the ringer/volume becomes so low that i cannot hear the phone ring and then i have to restart the phone to correct the issue. Thereis definitely a problem with audio.

***just an update - i have to restart the phone amost 80% of the time when i finish playing the game on my phone

0 Likes