WP8.1 Cyan update - They just don't care about Windows Phone customers
WPCyanNOW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no word or explanation about the delay for the Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update. After all this time I'm furious, and every Windows Phone user is furious, if you take the time to read all of the posts in these forums, which Verizon OBVIOULS DOESN'T since they don't respond to any of them. I guess I just have to accept the fact that Verizon doesn't care about their Windows Phone customers, and Windows Phone in general. This is what happens when a company is the big fish and doesn't give a crap about their customers. Meanwhile I have to listen to an irritating iPhone commercial if I actually call Verizon - and that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

So it looks like I'm going to follow the path of so many others and install the Developer Preview, which I understand will work just fine on my Lumia 928. And when my contract runs out, I'll probably switch to AT&T since they have a better track record with WP updates.

Seriously, this whole delay is disgusting. And what's more disappointing is that no one that matters at Verizon will ever see this.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: WP8.1 Cyan update - They just don't care about Windows Phone customers
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family is moving to ATT partially because of this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fat_elvis, we don't want your family to go anywhere! We do card. Stay tuned for information regarding upcoming software updates here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

If you (VZW) really cared about us (your Windows Phone customers) then you would answer the burning question that so many are asking directly instead of  sending us to a place on your site that tells us ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

Just to remind you of the question: WHEN WILL THE CYAN FIRMWARE BE RELEASED TO NOKIA PHONES ALONG WITH WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 TO ALL WINDOWS PHONE 8 DEVICES???????

Have we not been clear enough yet?

I want a response from VZW on this, not just comments from other community users.

Signed,

Sick an tired of the constant run around/non-answers

0 Likes
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

there is more to supporting a cellular customer than just having the best network.

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

I get Verizon's tag line now. It's all about the network (customers mean nothing to us).

0 Likes
DonMannino

I, too, have been waiting anxiously for the update. I have the 928, and I bought a Lumia Icon for my daughter last August specifically because the Verizon store promised it would receive an update to 8.1  I also arranged for my company to get an Icon for another employee who travels.

Now Verizon stops selling the Icon, and you just keeping stringing everyone along without any real news. Microsoft has stated (via an employee on their support forums) that they have had the updates available for Verizon since summer.

My contract is up later this month, and I have no interest in continuing with Verizon.  I am fed up with this company's lack of support for Windows Phone.  4 phones plus a data line are going to go to another company one by one as the contracts end.

0 Likes
winphon928
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am yet another Nokia 928 user who is waiting for the update. I keep checking the Microsoft Win phone availability and it keeps saying that 8.1 for Verizon is in testing. I just want Verizon and everyone to know that when my contract is up this year, I will never ever use Verizon again, period.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Availability in North America - Nokia

Don't know what you are reading but it states "under development". Not under testing.

As was stated many times before it is a Microsoft issue at this point not Verizon's.

0 Likes
M_Blackstone

Actually, it said "Under Testing" until a couple days ago. The most recent update is that Verizon won't release it until they get their lousy Navigator and Visual Voicemail apps working. It's a Verizon issue, not Microsoft's.

Who even uses Verizon's second rate subscription apps anyway?

I'm taking my 5 phones and 2 tablets elsewhere.

AT&T made the effort to get their stuff together. As did T-Mobile.

0 Likes