Re: WP 8.1 Bait & Switch
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

When we're dead last I will be upset. Until then, I'm not complaining to the FCC or wasting my time whining here. I install the DP and the only thing I'm missing is the Cyan update. I want it but I'm not going to have a stroke about it. The way you and some of the others are going on about it, you'd think that your phone is the only one that hasn't been updated and you've already assumed that it won't be.

Anyone who's been a VZW customer for any length of time knows full well they're slow with updates. No different than my Galaxy S3 which may have been the last one on the planet to get Android updates.

There are a lot of things in this world to get all bent out of shape over...an update to a cell phone's firmware doesn't even come close to the top list.

Edit: And you keep conveniently ignoring the bait and switch thing. How is this bait and switch?

Mr_Boughton

The phrase "bait and switch" can apply to more than one situation. It is not restricted to subjects only having to do with money, a product and/or product pricing. If you're going to be rude and try to make someone look stupid maybe you should have all your facts in line. Stop trying to use petty stuff like that to bash on the guy, maybe he had a rough day.

0 Likes
JukEboXAuDiO

OK SO Besides the nonsense on this thread please let me know when I can install 8.1 on my HTC 8X

NOONE HAS GIVEN ME AN ANSWER in almost 3 months.

I am getting tired of waiting. I am a die hard Windows Phone user and have been using since Windows Mobile.

Any information would be helpful. Please tell me what we are waiting for an for how long. If it is because some jerk is sitting in his office and not doing work then someone needs to be fired for making us all wait this long.

I am tired of seeing adverts for 8.1 on VZW phones or 8.1 in general without access to what I have been waiting for.@

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jharris326 wrote:

I hate to point out the obvious to you but officially summer ended yesterday!  Labor Day has always been, well since it was created anyway, the official end to summer.

not sure where you get labor day from? September 22 is the last day of summer this year, if we are going to nit pick about it. labor day isn't the last day of summer. it's just when pools close and fashion no no's begin.

Not applicable
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jharris326 wrote:

I hate to point out the obvious to you but officially summer ended yesterday!  Labor Day has always been, well since it was created anyway, the official end to summer.

Possibly you mean the "unofficial" end of summer. Since the holidays Memorial Day and Labor Day were created, they have been known as the "unofficial" beginning and end of summer IN THE UNITED STATES since these are strictly US holidays. The "official" beginning and end of summer have always been according to the astronomical conditions known as the "summer solstice" and "fall equinox", at least in the northern hemisphere.Smiley Happy

Changing seasons...

Mr_Boughton

Using google search and Wikipedia does not make you intelligent or correct in this situation. You may be correct about the original definition/baseline meaning of the phrase but that does not limit it in how it can be used. Bait and switch can be applied to almost anything, the tactic can be used across all boards.

Here's an example:

say you are internet dating and you are led to believe you have met an intelligent young woman, you are set up for a date Friday night. There's your bait.

Friday night rolls around and you go to meet up at the restaurant for your date, oh crap not really a woman but a man who led you to believe he is a young woman. And there's your switch.

Lets try to keep this guys topic on track.

<< Personal comments removed >>

Post was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Look, nobody is arguing that we shouldn't get the update or that we don't want it. But the whining that's going on here is not to be believed.

Such self-entitlement is pathetic. As I said, when the Icon is the last remaining WP without the 8.1/Cyan update I'll be upset but in the mean time I will enjoy 8.1.1 with the Developer Preview which is identical to the public release.

Oh, and before I forget, when should I start complaining that we don't have the Denim update?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Start complaining now. You will start a new trend Smiley Happy