Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!! make our voices heard people

For those who haven't seen this already... it looks like the Verizon CFO mentioned a stronger push for the Windows Phone platform during the earnings report today... All Things D has more details here:

http://allthingsd.com/20120419/verizon-signals-windows-phone-push/

Here's hoping he wasn't just blowing smoke ... ::fingers crossed::

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!! make our voices heard people

I'll believe that when I see some actual 'new' phones...I'll give them till the end of summer.

Which, from what I learned yesterday, should be about the time that AT&T gets their new towers installed and operating in my service area.  If AT&T had service here currently, I'd have been gone months ago.

If Verizon doesn't have something current & up-to-date by then, I'm off to AT&T with my entire family and VZW will loose another 10+ year customer(s).

Highlighted

Seems like a lot of LOYAL VZW customers are very upset and unhappy... I am there with you.

Highlighted

The good news is, it sounds like Verizon will be picking up a Windows 8 device or two come November ish so I'm waiting out the storm of my contract being up til then to pick me up a new Win 8 LTE device.

Highlighted

Let's hope that timetable is not just wishful thinking. Verizon needs to make noise with Windows Phone so that the users are aware of that THIRD ECOSYSTEM.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have been using a HTC Arrive, which is my Corp phone for some time now and I really like it. I want to switch my family plan over, but I do want a better selection and more screen space. I REALLY hope Verizon hurrys up or I will have to make the jump over to AT$T.

Highlighted

Novice

caszm1 wrote:

I have been using a HTC Arrive, which is my Corp phone for some time now and I really like it. I want to switch my family plan over, but I do want a better selection and more screen space. I REALLY hope Verizon hurrys up or I will have to make the jump over to AT$T.

i'm confused... the Arrive is a Sprint phone...

0 Likes
Highlighted

He want to switch carrier from Sprint to Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Precisely! They've SAID it... now, @Verizon please DO it! http://mashable.com/2012/04/20/verizon-backing-windows-phone/

Umm, when is this going to happen? Our Verizon stores don’t even have a Windows Phone in their showroom! (That’s what Best Buy is for, right?)  I love my Trophy, WP7… but please, please, @Verizon, get with the program already & start showing off this great OS! To the comment “only account for about 3.6% of all smart phones. And the number is declining” I’d argue that people are too confused by the 5 kiosks full of random versions of Android in Verizon’s stores to have to ASK about Windows Phones they can’t see/touch/try… That needs to change.

Highlighted

You'll have to wait til MS releases Windows Phone 8 in the fall.  VZW isn't adding any new Windows Phone 7 devices to their network.

0 Likes