Voicemail app not working since update!?
Bluemoon04

Anyone having issues with the voicemail app since the update? When I press the voicemail icon to open voicemail, it starts and shuts down instantly. Started immediately after the update.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it working again?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail app not working since update!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bluemoon04- An update is supposed to enhance the features of your device, definitely not the opposite! Let’s see how we can fix this as this is not a known issue. How are you trying to access the voicemail? Are you using Visual Voicemail or by dialing *86 send. Was a hard reset done after the update. Please reply back at your earliest convenience so that we can correct this issue.

Thank you!

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bluemoon04

I believe its the visual voice mail. There is a tile on my home screen that when I used to press it, it would show me a list of all the voicemails. I would tap one and it would download and play. Now when I tap it, it try's to open and closes so fast I don't even see the list of voicemails.

I don't recall if there was a hard reset, but I know that I at least rebooted it the normal way afterwards.

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely is the Visual Voicemail.
Let's make sure we get it to work as it did before. There are a few steps we should take to make sure the settings are set up properly within the phone.
Dial *73 to make sure call forwarding is disabled.
Make sure airplane mode is disabled.
Next, reset the Network Settings by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings>Reset Network Settings.
After all of that, try the Visual Voicemail again & let me know how that works.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kflemign

I'm having the sane issue on a Galaxy S5.  There is no network reset option that I can find.

0 Likes
Melissah1120

I have done all of those things that are listed for fixing the problem and it still isn't working.

0 Likes