Re: Visual Voice Mail and Mango Build 7712, anyone get it working?
ChicagoVZUser

I'm going to wait for slow Verizon.  At that link, one of the users seemed to brick his phone. He said: "I was going through the update process and on the final update step 8 (restarting phone) my phone won't restart so I'm not sure where to go from here."

On the other hand, most people had zero or minor problems. 

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ChicagoVZUser wrote:

I'm going to wait for slow Verizon.  At that link, one of the users seemed to brick his phone. He said: "I was going through the update process and on the final update step 8 (restarting phone) my phone won't restart so I'm not sure where to go from here."

On the other hand, most people had zero or minor problems. 

Forcing the update didn't cause his phone to brick.  That was the luck of the draw.  The same bits are getting delivered to the phone whether you get the update or you force it.  The only difference is when you get them. 

What we don't know is whether this person had done anything that was unsupported to his phone prior to attempting this update.  Did he hack into the registry (as some did prior to Mango - Mango now prevents this), did he sideload something that isn't supported, and so on.  Not saying he did - he could have just been unlucky, but if he did, that would increase the odds of something going wrong.

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

My update from 7712 to 7720 was done via Zune update yesterday, and it was easy and painless.

Everything worked like a charm, as far as the update goes.

Still no visual VM.

Looks like its in big red's court now.

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

My update from 7712 to 7720 was done via Zune update yesterday, and it was easy and painless.

Everything worked like a charm, as far as the update goes.

Still no visual VM.

Looks like its in big red's court now.

0 Likes