Re: Verizon please snag a deal with Nokia and bring us the Lumia 920!
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

There's been more evidence of the 10/21 date for ATT, though WP Central has agreed to not reveal the information that their source showed them.  There have been plenty of speculations for the 920 coming to VZW, but I don't know what evidence is behind those speculations.  I believe the evidence of the 822 coming to VZW is solid.  It was a screenshot of VZW's inventory system.

HTC's info is in another thread that I posted.  It is solid, from their own lips.  The 8X is coming to Verizon in November.

JamesH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon... Please bring us the Nokia 920 .... The 820 looks good as well but since you plan on carrying the two HTC windows phones then you should be able to bring us both Nokia phones. I feel the Nokia software additions and camera abilities are far superior to the HTC phones. So again, PLEASE BRING US THE NOKIA 920!

0 Likes
headski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well expressed!!!  These are my sentiments exactly.  Please offer the Nokia Lumia 920...I WILL buy one!  Two really, one for me and one for my wife.  We are very excited by the prospect of owning one!

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Straight up, Verizon its time for you to listen to your customers and bring the Lumia 920 to Verizon, no we don't want the low end version of 822 or HTC WP 8x. I am tired of Verizon having plethora of phones but most of them are crap phones that no one would buy. Been a customer for a long long time but if there is no Lumia 920, then Im heading to AT&T. Based from what I have reading in other forums and places, many other Verizon Customers are thinking about switching too for this very reason. I don't know if you care or not about losing business, but come November, a lot of us will be gone if there is no Lumia 920.

0 Likes
ntropy99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon - tell us what WP8 devices you will have.  I would like to know.  I have compared the phones which are being introduced.  The HTC 8X looks good, and it appears from their announcement you will have that phone.  BUT THAT IS NOT THE ONE I WANT!  I have compared the specs for HTC, Samsung, and Nokia, which I realize is not the same as putting the phone in your hand, and I want the NOKIA 920.  Not just for the phone, but also for the Nokia Specific Apps.  HTC is not bringing that to the table.  The HTC hub for the Trophy is weak to go with a decent phone.  I can't imagine they will step up for the 8X either.  So tell us what you will have!  That way, we can decide whether the phone or the carrier is the deciding factor.  I can tell you that I am getting the 920 if/when you have it, and my wife will have it as soon as possible, and you will get another 2 year contract.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, Verizon.  We KNOW ATT is going to have the 920.  We KNOW ATT, TMO, and VZW are going to have the 8x.  We KNOW that VZW is going to have the 822.  We're tired of hearing how "proprietary" the information is.  We KNOW that iPhone5 is coming to Verizon, so why won't you tell us what Windows Phone models are coming???  Why do you discriminate against us like this???  Why do you hate Windows Geeks so much?

Seriously, though, you stand to gain nothing by not telling us, and you stand to lose otherwise loyal customers if you end up having a phone that we want, but release it after we leave to grab it up on ATT's network.  The 8X looks like a pretty good phone, but myself, I want the 920.  More memory, better camera, bigger screen......  That's the phone I want.

BRING US THE LUMIA 920!

0 Likes
JAStark27

I know one thing for sure. If I do not see a Lumia 920 by the end of the year ( upgrade is in January) I will be making the switch to AT&T. So sick and tired of seeing android only phones. Sad thing is the best Android phones even tend to get released on AT&T. Give your customers choice or they will make the choice of leaving you for another carrier. You want choice on phone's your better off headed to AT&T. Always have had the best choice. And please if you get the Lumia 920 market the hell out of it like you did when you first got the Motorola Droid. What happened to that platform when you backed it. It helped make android what it is today.

0 Likes
wookietim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Put bluntly, Verizon, my contract is up at the end of October. Unless I either see some phones worth upgrading to or hear a definite date by then, I will be jumping ship to some other carrier.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

JAStark27, remember that your upgrade date comes before your contract end date.  You would still incur an ETF if you left at the end of this year.

0 Likes
headski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow...there is a lot of hostility here on this issue.    I too am looking to own the Nokia Lumia 920.  So far, it seems the best offering.  I do not see the point in threatening Verizon (i do not think a threat is a good motivator) but I do understand the feelings expressed here.  The Windows Phone roll out has been painfully slow on Verizon.  Please offer us the best...you will not regret it.  I am confident that there is a fair amount of interest in the 920...at least enough to justify carrying it.  Thanks for listening Verizon!

0 Likes