Re: Verizon please snag a deal with Nokia and bring us the Lumia 920!
djcameron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, I want the features in the 920 enough to leave Verizon after all these years.  All four phones on my plan will be gone.

Durn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know I really wonder if there will be exclusivity this time around.  Last time when they announced the Nokia Lumia 900 AT&T was there at the unveiling but this time there was no Carrier, just MSFT and NOK.  So I really think both phones will come to Verizon. 

primortal
Master - Level 1

Not sure either.  Nokia's press conference didn't list carriers or pricing.  Thought the hardware specs lead to the assumption that the device in its current state won't work on VZW network, http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia920/specifications/.

We're going to have to wait till Oct/Nov for any official announcements being Windows Phone 8 hasn't been released yet.

Durn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Doesn't Verizon use the WCDMA bands. I think they use the 1900mhz.  Plus the LTEs.

21stNow
Master - Level 1

If VZW uses WCDMA bands, it would be for data transfer only, not for voice.  The specs don't list any CDMA connectivity for voice on VZW.

I wonder if the specs list is subject to change.  It didn't list the LTE 700 band, which VZW and AT&T use parts of.

elmortero
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Verizon, you are sending me in to a depression spiral with the thought of having another average Windows Phone offering.  You are already bumming me out by not letting me use my internet sharing feature on my Trophy.  Please give us some kind of hope.  Thanks for the email link Primortal, I have registered my concerns with the powers that be.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, from Marni Walden,

Marni Walden, chief operating officer of Verizon, told CNET that the carrier plans to work with Nokia, but didn't give a timeline on when this would happen. She added that the work that Nokia has done on design, the use of colors, and the creating a portfolio of accessories is encouraging, but noted that the company still needed to work its way back into the U.S. market.

"We continue to have healthy conversations with Nokia," she said.

If the successful selling of the Lumia line on AT&T and TMobile does show they are doing well in the US market than I don't know what else needs to be done other that VZW and Sprint carrying Nokia devices.

Source: C|Net

warreo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please please bring the 920 to Verizon! Count me as one of those that will switch away unless VZ offers it.

podsmack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm done with Android, I'll pony up for the Lumia 920 the minute big red puts it on the site... Been waiting patiently now for over a year as I've been out of contract limping my droid incredible along... Not saying it's been bad at all but you have to love the ease of use and feature set of the 920...

primortal
Master - Level 1

Looks like AT&T will selling the device on 11/2, http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/7/3300063/nokia-lumia-920-availability-launch-date-november-2nd-plans

No news if the device is exclusive to AT&T or not.