Re: Verizon has final Denim update for Icon - they won't release it
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Like the rest of you, I've been checking for Phone Updates with and without Preview For Developers enabled and have come up empty.  My hope is that they have this rolled out before the Windows 10 preview so that I can get it!

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Unless she confirmed the firmware revision number with you, just seeing the word "Denim" on her phone doesn't mean anything. There is (or was) a bug in Extras+Info that would show "Denim" when the firmware was still on the "Black" version.

Regardless, given the track record, I wouldn't believe anything anyone at Verizon says at this point. The only confirmation we're going to get is when our phones announce that there's an update available. And sadly, it feels more and more like that may never happen.

0 Likes
iconowner
Enthusiast - Level 2

LumiaIconUser,

I understand about the bug in Extras+Info. That's why I asked her to confirm whether she had Cortana on her phone. She confirmed that she did.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

That's not a true confirmation of Denim being installed as she could have easily installed the Preview for Developers.

Screenshot of the extras+info would provide some proof.

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

VZW reps are all full of crap. All they want to do is get rid of you and they'll tell you anything to do it. They apparently get paid per case, not per resolution.

0 Likes
Frewmanchu

I was excited during the Windows 10 broadcast the other day, so many new features including a lot of opportunity for a truly cross-device seamless experience. Then I remembered I had Verizon and with the way things have gone with the absence of Cyan and Denim for my Icon, I can only imagine how far off Windows 10 is.

Sadly, Verizon's ears are inside their wallets and so taking my business elsewhere seems like the only move here. Perhaps if enough do the same things will change, but by then we will all be satisfied on a new OS on better devices on a more customer-friendly network

0 Likes
Vistary

wp10 on Icon? may be a neverending dream lol

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

As-long-as WP10 doesn't need Denim/Cyan to be present, we'll be good

0 Likes
OldPirate
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told by a supervisor on Monday of this week that Denim for the ICON will be released this coming Friday, Feb. 6th.

I had been calling since July of last summer and each time asking for a follow up time.

This is the first time I've ever been given a specific date, and the individual kept me on hold about 5 minutes as they checked several data bases within Verizon for updates.  He then read me a verbatim quote that basically said....."commercial availability of WindowsPhone 8.1 for ICON to be effective 2/6/2015."

I'm tired of waiting quiet honestly.  Hopefully the wait is over in two more days.

Vistary

5% of chance this will happen...

0 Likes