Verizon admin help for screen name on forum, please
bejeans
Enthusiast - Level 3

My full name is showing up instead of my screen name on the forum discussions. (I've double checked my profile and settings, and my screen name is not my full name.)  I saw that Verizon changed wherever my name appeared yesterday to my screen name, but now it's switched back. I've been on lots of discussion boards and don't think it's user error. Thanks for your assistance.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon admin help for screen name on forum, please
rcschnoor
Legend

Only YOU can see your full name because you are logged into your user account. The rest of us see "bejeans". Of course, if your full name is "bejeans", then my apologies.

rcschnoor
Legend

Keep in mind, if you edit a post quite often at the bottom of the page where you click "update" there is a little tagline which says "Message was edited by: {your name}"

I normally just delete that tagline prior to hitting "update"

0 Likes
Verizon admin help for screen name on forum, please
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

When you're logged in, it will show your full name instead of your screen name.  If you go into your preferences, you can view it how others would see it to test.

bejeans
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, my full name isn't bejeans. : )

Interestingly, I saw my full name yesterday, even though my preferences are set to see what "Everyone" sees.  This morning I saw bejeans. Then later today it all reverted back to my full name.

But the bottom line is what the rest of folks see, so thank you. LOL

Thanks for the heads  up about the tagline.

And now I wish I could delete the whole thread. ; )

bejeans
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, that's what I figured. But when I chose a setting letting me see what "Everyone" sees, my full name still showed up. Maybe it's an iPad thing ... or not. No matter, all is good, and thank you.