Verizon: Put up or announce "No more Windows Phones"..
Mafdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is getting so freakin frustrating!  Windows phones have LTE now, hello?  I know you are notorious in not announcing upcoming phones (unless it's your precious ifaux or the latest droid of the month), but throw us LOYAL Verizon customers a bone why don't you?  My Samsung Omnia 2 is on it's last legs and I do NOT want anything but a new Windows Phone.  I know all the WP haters will say "Go to another carrier then!"  Well unfortunately I do NOT have much choice in the area I live and work.  And mind your own f'ing business Trolls!  Verizon's coverage is the most reliable in this area.  We need a HIGH END (Nokia Lumia 900 or variant) on this network ASAP.  We do not need the 710 or lower model.  The OS is solid and getting better, it's getting GOOD for enterprise users (My IT dept. is happy), all WP devices have extremely high satisfaction rates on all newtorks, including the Trophy (which my wife loves) on this Network.  WHAT ARE YOU FREAKING WAITING FOR?????!!!!!!  uggggghhh!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon: Put up or announce "No more Windows Phones"..
primortal
Master - Level 1

They wouldn't announce such a thing because they're afriad customers will leave.  So leave them hanging and hope they (we) stay

The best we can do is start generating negative publicity for VZW about Windows Phone to a point that they would have no choice but to answer.  Otherwise we have to sit with our thumbs up our butts and wait.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not a WP7 hater, I love it, and in fact I am switching to another carrier once the 900 comes out on ATT.  If you don't have the choice of switching to another carrier, sadly there isn't much you can do.  I am also very frustrated at Verizon in regards to WP7.  You can buy the Trophy off contract, and save your upgrade in hopes something cool will come out this fall with WP8, or get the Trophy on contract (free from the Microsoft store right now) and pay full retail when Verizon gets a new phone down the road.

Sadly, Verizon isn't annoucing any plans for anything at this moment, so you could be waiting a while.  I can't wait any longer, so I am jumping ship.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, they never annouce a product early it seems.  And NO WAY would they say "Hey, we just aren't going to carry that product."  Thats just telling customers to take their business elsewhere. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

even if they had new windows phones on the horizon, they wouldn't announce it. the iphone is the only thing they announce a month or so in advance. even all of us android users never really know. there's leaks and blogs and speculation all over the web.....but we never know until it's on sale (or maybe a week earlier). heck, best buy took deposits for the thunderbolt last year, and then had to quit when even verizon didn't know when the thing would launch. it was in the best buy ads for 3 weeks, then gone, then just all of the sudden it launched.

0 Likes
famlyslave

I agree.  I am definitely in the market for a new phone and, if Verizon doesn't get their act together and add new Windows phones to their line, I'm taking my money to a different carrier.  I refuse to own an I-anything or, after watching family and friends curse them, an Android.  I've been waiting six months for Verizon to put up and I don't plan to wait much longer. Verizon can no longer claim to have the best coverage in my area so it's a moot point now.  I imagine that is happening elsewhere as well and I would recommend Verizon get smart...and fast!  AT&T is looking better all the time!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

famlyslave wrote:

I agree.  I am definitely in the market for a new phone and, if Verizon doesn't get their act together and add new Windows phones to their line, I'm taking my money to a different carrier.  I refuse to own an I-anything or, after watching family and friends curse them, an Android.  I've been waiting six months for Verizon to put up and I don't plan to wait much longer. Verizon can no longer claim to have the best coverage in my area so it's a moot point now.  I imagine that is happening elsewhere as well and I would recommend Verizon get smart...and fast!  AT&T is looking better all the time!

If you are currently in the market for a new phone, Verizon does not have the best coverage in your area, AND they do not carry the phone you want while another carrier does, WHY are you still with Verizon? Seems a no-brainer to me!

0 Likes
famlyslave

Only thing stopping me is my husband, quite honestly. We have a family plan for the four of us which also includes his work phone. He insists Verizon offers better coverage overall throughout the country and, as he is the one who has to travel, he is the one keeping us with Verizon. I would have to get an individual plan, which would cost more, or continue working on him to switch. So now it's a matter of how pissed off I get with Verizon and if I decide to spend more to get my own plan. If the crap with the limited Windows phones offerings continues too much longer, I'll bite the bullet and pay more. I'm hoping not to have to do that. I just find it amazing that Verizon is doing nothing to expand their Windows based line when it is becoming so popular so quickly. Or at least announce plans to expand the line to keep their current, disgruntled customers from leaving.

0 Likes
haysouse

Verizon actually does have far superior coverage in general, and CDMA penetrates buildings much better than GSM.  I would test out AT&T indoors first before jumping ship.  I figured that if I'm paying and I don't have signal, then I'm paying something for nothing.

If you do find that AT&T signal is sufficient, and you see a phone you love on AT&T, then screw the family plan and sign an individual!  Or get the rest of you guys on AT&T family plan and have your husband go it alone on VZW.  Sounds like it's a business phone that can be expensed.

0 Likes
reddbogut

I wish I could go back to At&t.  I made the mistake of dropping them for crappy Verizon.  Now I can't leave because of my unlimited data.  At&t would cost me 30 more bucks a month.  GET A DAMN WP7 phone Verizon, it's not hard.  Not everybody likes force closes and random reboots.

0 Likes