Verizon News is Nonexistent
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

It is amazing how little information about new and upcoming Verizon products/services is available. It seems the only information available is often leaked on other web sites, making it questionable at best. Even their own their own news site has very little content (none, really...) on upcoming products:

http://news.verizonwireless.com/

A reader would expect Version news on the Version news web site, right? It seems to me that most discussion posts are created by existing and future customers asking about upcoming offerings. Why is this such a good business model - to keep customers puzzled about future offerings?

I find it strange that Verizon plays their cards so close to the vest, like Apple. Perhaps it is strange to me because I work primarily with tools from Microsoft, who often announce early and advertise the latest technologies they are working on.

UPDATE: I just saw the message about the Jelly Bean upgrade for Android in their news site. Will an article be posted for Windows 7.8/8 phone upgrades? I am not holding my breath.

Message was edited by: corkwatchr

<Post edited for privacy per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon News is Nonexistent
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has only been recently in the past few months that Verizon Wireless has issued press releases (news.verizonwireless.com) for Android updates to their phones. The software announcements usually occur in the support pages of the individual devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes