Re: Verizon EDGE Program Experience
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

People on the Edge plan may be able to pay off their phones in full and keep their Edge discount see the following

MORE Everything - MORE Everything Plan

I don't know this for certain but it is worth investigating and any one with a completed contract can switch to more everything and get the line access discount that the Edge program gives. 

Jazzman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My mistake, you are correct.

0 Likes
moncenhs

I have four phones now on EDGE, and as my plan is over 10GB of data, we are getting the $25 discounts on our bill. Verizon says they are line discounts, but I still see them as device discounts.  For the life of my ICON, I will pay only the tax and the first month's payment.  A family member on my plan recently got his Galaxy S5 and is only paying a few cents a month for his phone.  You can look at it however you want, but your still paying Verizon in one way or another, whether it be for the device or the service.  When I did the math, it was cheaper to go with EDGE.

My negative EDGE experience came when performed an early edge upgrade online for another family member.  I ordered the phone, but it was on backorder. It came in the next week, but so did a charge for the full price of the device.  It took Verizon two months to sort out the problem that never should have been one in the first place; TWO MONTHS to get my money back.  I just noticed the other day that they also charged me a restocking fee on the device that I had to send back to get the refund.  I now have to call again to get that $35 credited back to my bill.  I will continue with the EDGE program as long as I am with Verizon and have 10GB of data, but I will not be ordering the phone online anymore. 

0 Likes
Jazzman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, my problem was the early EDGE upgrade. I didn't read the fine print so when I wanted to get the ICON, I was rightly advised that I could not cancel the early EDGE. I could keep both, the EDGE on the 928 and the new EDGE on the ICON but certainly couldn't justify having two phones. I finally paid the ETF on the 928, bought the ICON and now go month to month.

I can see where the EDGE would be good for some people but for me it wasn't. I like to change phones more often then 2 years and didn't want the hassle of changing phones under the EDGE plan.

Good luck on getting the restocking fee taken care of. I'm sure they will handle it to your satisfaction.

0 Likes