Update Notice for Backup Assistant when I've Uninstalled it
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I have an update notice for Backup Assistant Plus, even though I uninstalled the app.  Now this is going to tick me off.  The last thing I want is for Verizon to be telling me what apps I need to have on my phone, and is one of the reasons that Windows Phone is so much better than the rest.....

I'm going to run the update, and uninstall it to get rid of it on the update count.  If I see it again.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update Notice for Backup Assistant when I've Uninstalled it
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, ok, so I'm an idiot. 

To clarify this, Backup Assistant is in the settings, and I was thinking I'd uninstalled it, but what I'd done is unchecked it in the settings so it wouldn't run daily.  I wish I could disable its background task as well, but I can't.  I'd also like to know how I can delete the backup that is in Verizon's cloud, as I don't want Verizon to have a copy of my contacts, and find it very unnecessarily and rather sinisterly intrusive the way they stick it in the settings, where I can't uninstall it, and where it runs automatically when the phone is going through initial setup, and the casual user just clicks through everything, and you even caught me off guard, and I'm not a casual user.

When using a Windows Phone, if you use the phone the way it was designed, the contacts are backed up on SkyDrive so there is no need for a backup on Verizon's servers, and the less intrusion into my life, the better, is the way I see it.

Well, guys, it looks like Verizon found a way to stick bloatware onto a Windows Phone in a way that we can't get rid of it.  Put it in the settings.  There goes one of the benefits of Windows Phone - easy deletion of carrier bloatware....

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I stayed away from that when I first setup the phone; why have VZW do what Micorsoft incorporated into the OS.  Try going to VZW website and under you account select the device and find Manage & Store Media (hopefully this link will work for you, https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/clp/mediamanager) and see if you can disable the synching.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks,primortal....  Interestingly, even though my phone says that there was a backup performed, the list of contacts is empty on MyVerizon..  

0 Likes