Unable to send MMS from my Lumia Icon
Andy1973

I switched to Verizon Prepaid yesterday and everything so far is great, except that I cannot send an MMS. However, after testing this out with my wife's phone, I am able to receive picture messages. I have Googled this and tried to enter "vzwinternet" in the APN box under Cellular+SIM settings but this does not help.

I never had an issue with this on T-Mobile and AT&T (also Nokia devices) so I hope the Icon hasn't been "adjusted" by Verizon to prevent MMS being sent. I noticed also that the usual MMS APN settings on the Icon are mysteriously missing.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to send MMS from my Lumia Icon
primortal
Master - Level 1

I have no problems with my Icon sending images via MMS.  Most likely they didn't configure the phone properly.  I'd take it back to the store and have them fix it.

0 Likes
Andy1973

Thanks for letting me know - now I can be optimistic about it the problem being fixed. Did you have any special APN settings, or is it all just on default from the store? Also, I hope I'm not being "punished" for being on prepaid instead of a contract-type plan.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

None, the Manual Internet APN is set to off.

0 Likes
Andy1973

I fixed it. Seems so obvious now. When I switched to Verizon, my Icon had been hard reset beforehand, but instead of doing a fresh install, I used one of my Lumia 1020 back-ups. It must've pulled in some at&t settings in from that backed up code, messing everything up. Allowing Verizon to pull in their own settings using the Verizon SIM from the very beginning is what was needed. All good! :^)

0 Likes