Turn off LTE
JustinWinPhone

I just watched a video on how to switch to 3G from LTE on a Lumia on AT&T. Apparently, you can't do this on Verizon. My Lumia Icon (929) gets hot where I live and at my office when on LTE because the signal isn't great. If I take the SIM out and put it in my iPhone 5, I have the option of using 3G on that phone. Why can't I do that on a Verizon Lumia but others can do it on AT&T Lumias? My battery gets drawn down fast by the LTE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Turn off LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Wireless is here to help JustinWinPhone. Having a reliable battery to make sure you get through your day is important, let’s partner up and find the culprit here. When did this issue begin on your Lumia Icon phone? What zip code are you in? The reason I ask is because, our 4G phones are backwards compatible and although your 4G signal might not be strong it should stay connected to our 3G signal and not cause any issues with your battery.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes