Trophy Update to WP7.8!?
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

Would someone from VZN please tell us if and when the Windows Phone 7.8 update will be pushed out to us Trophy users (a device that is still listed for sale on your site)!

It would sure be nice to have it.

It is really frustrating to be kept in the dark and be the last to get these updates.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trophy Update to WP7.8!?
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

5102089.jpg

This is the desk of the person in charge of pushing all updates for all platforms for all wireless subscribers. The green one near the monitor is the Windows Phone 7.8 update.

View solution in original post

primortal
Master - Level 1

AT&T just started rolling out 7.8 update to their devices hopefully VZW will do the same.

0 Likes
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

The Seven-Eighter app worked great for my Trophy weeks ago. I also updated my friend's HTC HD7 for T-Mobile..

It performs the update directly with Microsoft servers.No ability to roll back though.

We have had no problems at all and love the Win8-like tiles.

adamskoog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree that this is ridiculous. They really can't say it's because they don't support the phone, for some reason it appears you can still buy it online at verizonwireless.com. To not provide updates for a phone you still try to sell is just beyond dumb. I've been putting off seven-eighter, but I'm going to run it this weekend. I'm sick of this crap.

0 Likes
zombyjeezus

where did you download it from? I downloaded one that required a RAR file, and I don't have anything to open this type of file

0 Likes
TrustN61

>> Comments deleted.  Discussions concerning rooting, jailbreaking, hacking, etc., are strictly prohibited on this forum <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TrustN61

I updated last week to 7.8.  It has been working great, haven't experienced any bugs.  It's nice to have the smaller tiles. I'm glad I waited to upgrade until they fixed that live tile error.  It's well worth it and pretty easy...just remember to select the appropriate languages, it will go through several updates (took approximately 30 min) and you are good to go!

0 Likes
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

5102089.jpg

This is the desk of the person in charge of pushing all updates for all platforms for all wireless subscribers. The green one near the monitor is the Windows Phone 7.8 update.

corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

Please don't search for the app on windows phone hacker site like I did because it worked flawlessly for me and even offers a community support forum and FAQs. DON'T DO IT! We are not allowed to recommend how to install updates so I am not doing that, even though this forum is only  intended to promote communication between paying customers (users) and this forum is not a way to communicate with Verizon team members/support staff or even be read by Verizon employees.

Instead, wait like most users for the update to be pushed out by Verizon some day.

...or buy the new Nokia Lumia 928, which I am considering.