The data and WiFi on my Samsung Odyssey keep randomly turning off for periods of time.
thatcatcray

A couple days ago my device turned off on its own and although the screen went black it kept vibrating every five seconds until I took out the battery. Since then, my data and WiFi have been randomly shutting off even though I have turned on data in my settings (the top left of my screen says I have service and I am connected to WiFi).  It will start working again for a few hours at a time but then it goes out without warning. Each time it goes out I take out my battery and SIM card and replace it. When I first started having issues I did a hard reset which didn't solve the problem.

I called Verizon Wireless Customer Service and they said nothing is wrong on their end but it might be my SIM card. I can still send and receive texts and calls but not access the internet or any apps that use the internet. I have had this phone for a year and a half; this is the first time I've had this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The data and WiFi on my Samsung Odyssey keep randomly turning off for periods of time.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thatcatcray,

That certainly is an unusal thing thing to happen to your phone. In fact, I have not heard of this happening on that device. When this started, were there any new apps installed or software updates that had taken place? Did you receive the SIM card to test and see if that was the case? Please provide some additional details. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: The data and WiFi on my Samsung Odyssey keep randomly turning off for periods of time.
thatcatcray

ErinW,

I hadn't installed any new apps and, to my knowledge, I haven't had any software updates in the last few months. I was getting some notifications saying my memory was low so I deleted several apps, photos, videos, and texts but that didn't seem to be the issue.

I haven't received a new SIM card- going into a store is usually a last resort for me so I was just looking for anything I can do to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thatcatcray,

I appreciate that information. That really isn't normal for that to keep happening with your phone. What software version do you have on the phone currently? If need be, we can mail you a SIM card as well.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thatcatcray

Right now I have Windows 8. I got this phone in July of 2013.

0 Likes