Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
Not applicable

So after 2 1/2 months since this thread started what has all the complaining to the FCC accomplished?

0 Likes
Re: Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
primortal
Master - Level 1

Elector wrote:

And I would rather Verizon takes a longer time to insure it works on their networks than have you windows phone owners do what us windows machine owners do every Tuesday.....and that is patch and update windows machines.

You haven't realized it yet that everything Microsoft puts out is in constant beta with all their patches and updates.

Gee someone has a disdain for Microsoft.  You do realize that Microsoft, Google, Apple and *nix distributions release patches for desktops on a monthly basis correct?  What phone OS releases monthly updates?  Also Microsoft doesn't release patches every Tuesday, only once a month on the second Tuesday of the month.

If there are critical issues with Windows Phone Microsoft doesn't need VZW approval to release the update; with the caveat that the fix isn't firmware related.  Then were back to a 3-4 month waiting period.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually I am not one who follows Microsoft blindly.

I have used them since DOS right up to windows 8.1 today.

I receive a patch or an update on every single Tuesday. The gist of what I am saying is Microsoft is constantly updating their devices. I suspect the new wrist device like the windows phone will be no different. Based on their actions over the years.

It reminds me of the James Bond movie "The World is not Enough" where Eliot Carver says to release their new software with the bugs so customers will have to update for years.

I see Microsoft in this parody.

Also I did not say all device makers release OS updates on a monthly basis.

I said you don't want to have Microsoft have the update Tuesdays on their phones like they do on the computers.

This statement is based on past performance.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I've been using PC since the early 80s in some shape or form so I've been around

So again with the disdain for Microsoft why don't you dump them and go to OS X?  You moan and grown about Microsoft but you still use them, makes no sense...

You don't get a patch every single Tuesday, shows you're clueless on the patch cycle.  How about you code a very complex OS the covers a wide variable processors and hardware and requires no patching ever....  Let me know how that works out for you..

Windows Phone since it's inception has not been on a monthly patch cycle just like any other mobile device and there is no need to.

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Every Tuesday. Got it.

Please, continue on and don't forget to post a picture of a Windows Phone with a BSOD.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I own an iMac. and I should know what my update screen states.

Granted I believe its for the Windows Defender and occasionally it is 15 updates +/-

On Tuesday.

[Quote]

Windows Phone since it's inception has not been on a monthly patch cycle just like any other mobile device and there is no need to

{/quote]

again I never said it did. I said you would not want it to. Since Microsoft is so famous for these constant updates. Big difference in wording there. No clueless there on my part.

Also I am not a programmer. I was an operator since the days of Sperry Univacs and CRT screen (Raytheon) so coding is way out of my league. But if your not busy you do a system for me that won't need all these patches and updates.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You post the picture of the BSOD. I use a phone that works. I use two different versions of phones that work.

I am not the one on here crying for an update. Nice try. Read and catch up on the conversation.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Yes clueless   The Windows Defender update is updating the signatures for spyware and unwanted software.  Of course that gets updated frequently; that's a good thing.  It's not patch related which is every second Tuesday of the Month.

Microsoft is not famous for the constant updates, only in your head it is.  Patch Tuesdays has been implemented many, many years ago and its a reliable schedule in the IT industry.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Attached is a series of screen shots from my windows updates. You are wrong. This is just for a little over 5 weeks of updates. 4 screen shots.

I could take more shots to prove my point.

update screen2.gifupdatescreen3.gifupdatescreen4.gif

updatescreen1.gif

0 Likes
Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
primortal
Master - Level 1

Thanks.  Looks like you don't understand the calendar and Patch Tuesdays.

So lets remove the Definition Update for Windows Defender items being they are not patches but signature updates.

• 9/15 list of patches is from the 9/9 Patch Tuesday release.
  • 9/30 patch KB2998257 was for TZ update for Russia and KB299067 was to fix an issue with OneDrive
  • 10/15 list of patches is from the 10/14 Patch Tuesday release.

Thanks for playing, try again.

0 Likes