Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
poagie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are you even posting on any of these windows phone forums. You are unhelpful and just breed controversy and malcontents . Its fine if you are an apple boy just leave people who enjoy another platform alone.

phanes
Enthusiast - Level 2

My friend has an iPhone.  I've used his enough to hate it.

I love the Lumia Icon and if someone gave me an iPhone, I'd want to trade it off for an Icon.

While it's true (and a bit annoying) that so many apps are only available for iPhone and Android, I consider my stubborn support for the Windows Phone (specifically Icon) a mark of my love for it.  It's like casting my vote into the phone world.  I wanted something I could use as a "mini-computer" without getting a full-sized tablet.  I really REALLY wanted the Nokia Lumia 1520, but since that's an AT&T exclusive and since AT&T really sucks around here due to dropped calls, I had to remain with Verizon through which I so rarely get dropped calls that it's never an annoyance.

So the best thing I could get through Verizon was the Lumia Icon.  I was angry about that, but at least this Icon is bigger than any iPhone they had.

phanes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Businesses only listen to "lost money" if it's done en masse.  I don't get the impression that they really care about losing a customer here and there.  How often have people threatened to never do business with a company again, only to hear, "Well, you're certainly free to do that, [sir or ma'am]."  This isn't the 1950s when businesses would fall all over themselves to make you happy.  It's 2014 where businesses do whatever they want to do, and if customers don't like it, they can just go without.  Large businesses truly don't give a hoot whether you do business with them or not if you're in their smallest demographic, like Windows Phone users.

If Verizon is truly discontinuing Windows Phone, they surely fantasize about all their Windows Phone users coming into the store to buy new phones (whether their contract is up or not), but they won't fall all over themselves trying to please the smallest group of users they have.  They don't have to.  They don't care about making ALL customers happy.  They would rather focus on making MOST of their customers happy, and those customers are the people who use iPhone and Android.

Microsoft could have done more, in my opinion, to help the Windows Phone sell more units.  They could have used some of their marketing budget to actually subsidize the development of the most popular apps on iPhone and Android: yes, simply pay companies to develop apps most people want.

Not applicable

Yoo hoo

Tidbits owns multiple windows phones. Think before you post.

Tidbits
Legend

poagie wrote:

Why are you even posting on any of these windows phone forums. You are unhelpful and just breed controversy and malcontents . Its fine if you are an apple boy just leave people who enjoy another platform alone.

I pointed out how Apple does things.  I pointed out how Android is starting to do things.  I am far from an Apple Fanboy.  Yes I do have iPhones and they are in my drawer 99% of the time.  The only time they come out is to test apps and nothing more.  I use my Windows Phone devices as well as Android devices.  I have said yes I love the Windows Platform, but my most used apps DO NOT have a replacement is what keeps me from staying with my windows devices 100% of the time.  Sure I could write the apps myself, however they are proprietary apps in which I could get sued for.  I even asked the companies if I could write them on their behalf, but they declined(offered to do it for free).  So as of now I use windows phone mostly at home, but rarely at work.

I like Windows platform enough to buy the 1520, and M8.  I have had the 710, 810, 925, 520, 521 as well.  I even bought the Surface Pro, and Surface Pro 2.  Contemplating on selling the first one and picking up the 3.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

poagie wrote:

Oh and Elector is the Apple Fanboy /tease

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes I love those iOS devices! And Android devices. Windows devices? Who buys them

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Tidbits,

Either you are lying, in debt, a trust fund baby, living off winnings from the lottery or from suing someone, or have a very lucrative job, because you have a lot of phones lol.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I live in Hawaii and I work for http://www.venturatechnology.net/

That's all I can tell you.  I can't tell you my job, and my pay.  I will have to kill you if I do. Some of our jobs pay at least $200K a year.  I believe only our help desk makes less than 60K a year the rest is above that(I have to ask my boss for verification).  I won't count the cleaning crew because that's contracted from somewhere else and we do not directly hire those people.  It's been a while since I asked about pay.

You are more than welcome to apply.  FYI(not being rude or condescending) I said it more than a handful of times my boss buys me most of my devices.  My job requires me to test various devices against our personal networks and ensure our systems won't be compromised.  Also to make sure our apps scale correctly. 

Not applicable

[Quote]

Some of our jobs pay at least $200K a year.

[/quote]

That low huh