Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
Not applicable

Stop complaining

If it cannot be installed on your computer, and none of your devices work anymore after installing just go out and keep the economy moving and buy an all new Windows 10 computer.

You know that is what Microsoft wants the kiddies to do.

Or go out and get an iMac or Google Chrome unit.

Ha ha just thought you could use a good laugh. Or here is a better thought, just keep the OS you have now.

Have a good one my friend!

0 Likes
bkgreenva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which was just recently changed since they also changed the PC name as well from 9 to 10, also today is a news release thqt by 10 release date it may be simply Windows.

But thanks for all the corrections

B33
Legend

Big E I sent ya a D.M.

0 Likes
Not applicable

OK I go to it now.

Not applicable

B33 wrote:

It's funny in a way how Microsoft..  they're jumping from 8  &  8.1  to 10 and left 9 out of the picture, my only hope on this is it's not too big of Jump to were owners can't update there machines to it..

They changed it to 10 form 9 because of the coding. many programs out there have code that determine which OS you're using and  Windows 9 could be confused with Windows 95 or 98. Yes plenty of programs still have this code in it. For the record the Tech Preview is out and I have it on a separate partition. Should placate most of the Windows 8 haters while not taking everything away us Windows 8 lovers liked.

barnfish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rumors are flying that Verizon has "retired" the Icon, and I just verified it's no long offered on Verizon's website.  The only Nokia currently available from Verizon is the 928.  Maybe Verizon and Microsoft/Nokia are having a little squabble, and Verizon sees dropping Windows Phone as an acceptable loss - try buying a Windows phone in a brick and mortar Verizon store.

Verizon reportedly retires the Lumia Icon less than a year after launch | Windows Phone Central

B33
Legend

Yea I can remember now Some OS's being skipped over or changed because of conflicts even some phones I think had there numbers or names changed slightly so as not cause issues.. I just didn't want to spend any more money than I've had to to get were I'm at.)  heck I would've kept the old Win. XP  computer going if the monthly Tues. updates would of kept coming but it was time to move on so that is why I got this new Satellite Laptop from Toshiba with 8.1.. which has done fairly well so far even thought some of Updates have not been a times that great..

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

I believe Microsoft is talking like they are not going to create a new OS anymore.  I don't know that for a fact just that they are pushing to be more of a services company.  There has been some talk about this on some of the company and support forums.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You don't have to make a new OS. Look at Apple with OSX. Even if they give it some fancy code name it's been the same OS since inception.

MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Update:  Got another call from the "Executive Offices" from Verizon about 9 days ago.  Representative wants to speak to me "right away" about additional communication from the FCC about my complaint.

Well, Mr. Quincy Byrd should then return MY call if he is so anxious to speak to me about my complaint.  I called him back at 770-521-5642 as he requested and that was close to a week ago.

I am sure that by tomorrow afternoon, I will lose my patience and end up calling him again.  I'll let you know what words of wisdom Quincy has.  Maybe he can explain canceling the ICON, too - since that is my current device with them.

0 Likes