Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

I'm aware. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah.  A little dated I guess.  Maybe the 1530 with Denim in December would be a good strategy? 

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Cyan going out to those with Developer Preview.  Test round going out today.  Perhaps a sign of the future?

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-releases-lumia-cyan-update-for-another-batch-of-developer-preview-d...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Everyone asking-- we&#39;re hoping to push some updates to Dev Preview this week, addressing storage install probs, HTC support, Cyan ramp-up.</p>&mdash; joebelfiore (@joebelfiore) <a href="https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/status/514219789112201218">September 23, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

This Developer Preview Program is starting to be worth it's weight in gold.

Windows Phone 8.1 GDR 1 Option

New Picture (1).jpg

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I've had 8.1 for months, 8.1.1 for weeks... I would REALLY like to see the Cyan firmware now. Unfortunately, all of this Belfiore announcing has to do with fixing issues for people on DP whose carriers have already released Cyan. i.e. not us.

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with Verizon about my FCC complaint last night. In a nut shell, they are using the we are working with Microsoft and Nokia to resolve issue with the new firmware update and our network and have been working with the OEM on a few revisions. Once we have confirmed the software is stable on our network and other advances features such as VoLTE work we will release the firmware. I told them keep my case open because I can not believe it is that difficult to release an update that include non-network related enhancements. What makes the Verizon Network so special when the rest of the world and AT&T have release cyan on almost all of there LUMIA line old and new. It can't be CDMA because we are talking about a technology that in its current flavor has been in place since 2002 in the US, it is the technology used by GPS and LTE the new goto cellular technology for the future. Interesting piece is Qualcomm is the chip maker of choice so all the driver's are developed and issued by Qualcomm so there is no rocket science involved. erizon I call BS until you can get Microsoft\Nokia to confirm any issues you are having with the update.

Sent from my Windows Phone

MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

BDub43:  I spoke to the FCC this week and discovered a few things.

First, Verizon will not report you complaint as still open.  They will write back to the FCC and tell them that there was "no violation found".  They did so in my case.  I asked the FCC why there had to be a violation attached to my complaint and I was told that "this is not a requirement".

Next, the FCC said that the next step up to the consumer.  If you want to keep your case open - regardless of Verizon's response - you need to do so in writing.  First, provide any email communication that you have had with Verizon.  Their email.  Your response(s).  Next, officially request in writing that the case stay open and why.  Once you have done so, you can mail all paperwork to the address below or simply fax it to the attention of the same organization group on the mailing address below.

From there, your follow up and request get matched in the database to  your original complaint and an agent is assigned to it from there (and may contact you via phone, email or letter).  This is pretty much the stage I am at today.

Oh, and get ready for a harassing call from Verizon - from some clown named "Ray" who calls your cell on a number that is blocked or shows as "private".  He tries to confirm who you are, asks you to call back, etc.  If you go into your phone settings / blocked calls / advanced - you can set up a block on callers who withhold phone numbers.  A nice WP feature evidently made just for Verizon.

FCC Consumer Line:  1-888-225-5322

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Complaints

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, D.C. 20554

FAX:  1- 866-418-0232

BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

They didn't email me anything just called me. Also I spoke with "Bryan" evidently we are not the only people complaining to the FCC. Bryan referenced that there quite few complaint and they seem to say the same thing and asked was there a website or something. I told him look on the Verizon Community website and you can see all the complaint. Hilarious it looks like they rarely review the community or only respond to things they think they have a definite solution too....

0 Likes